Universal Oxygen Sensor

SIX PACK

2001 RX 300 - CHECK ENG /VSR LIGHT COMES ON. BOUGHT A FRONT UNIVERSAL OX SENSOR. NEED TO ATTCH PLUG-IN. WIRES NOT THE SAME COLOR. RX HAS 2 BLACK 1 BLUE AND 1 WHITE. NEW SENSOR HAS 2 WHITE 1 BLACK AND ONE GRAY. PLEASE HELP

2001 RX 300 - CHECK ENG /VSR LIGHT COMES ON. BOUGHT A FRONT UNIVERSAL OX SENSOR. NEED TO ATTCH PLUG-IN. WIRES NOT THE SAME COLOR. RX HAS 2 BLACK 1 BLUE AND 1 WHITE. NEW SENSOR HAS 2 WHITE 1 BLACK AND ONE GRAY. PLEASE HELP

Where did you get the OX sensor? And if I may ask, what did you pay for it? I have a reason for asking. You do realize don't you that the 2 front sensors (1 on each bank) are A/F (air fuel) ratio sensors, not oxygen sensors? Many places will sell you the universal oxygen sensors and swear that they are the right ones, BUT THEY ARE NOT. If they are oxy. sensors and not A/F ratio sensors, they are the wrong thing. The problem is A/F ratio sensors are routinely called Oxygen sensors and they are VERY MUCH different! If it is the correct Denso sensor, it may be universal without the plug and work. Give us some details and we can tell you whether to waste your time figuring out the colors.

Where did you get the OX sensor? And if I may ask, what did you pay for it? I have a reason for asking. You do realize don't you that the 2 front sensors (1 on each bank) are A/F (air fuel) ratio sensors, not oxygen sensors? Many places will sell you the universal oxygen sensors and swear that they are the right ones, BUT THEY ARE NOT. If they are oxy. sensors and not A/F ratio sensors, they are the wrong thing. The problem is A/F ratio sensors are routinely called Oxygen sensors and they are VERY MUCH different! If it is the correct Denso sensor, it may be universal without the plug and work. Give us some details and we can tell you whether to waste your time figuring out the colors.

Ordered this thru US Autoparts Network. Part # USOS-4000. Paid $48.00.

When it comes to anything electronic on a lexus I always, I mean always use OEM, These cars are sensitive in that area. But to each his/her own. Observe the headache you are already experiencing ??? Enough said. Return the univ. part and buy the proper part. Just my .02 cents

I recently looked this up for somebody else. I think the "L" might stand for blue.

I looked it up in my CD Service Manual. I don't understand the abreviations, but maybe this will help.

For the "Heated Oxygen Sensor", Bank 1 Sensor 2:

pin 1 color B? HT

pin 2 color L-W? +B

pin 3 color W? OX

pin 4 color BR? E1

Air Fuel Ratio Sensor, Bank 1 sensor 1

pin 1 HAFR (right), color L?

pin 2 color B-R?

pin 3 AFR+ (right), color R?

pin 4 AFR-, color G?

Air Fuel Ratio Sensor, Bank 2 Sensor 1

pin 1 HAFL (left), color G?

pin 2 color B-R?

pin 3 AFL+, color L?

pin 4 AFL-, color B-W?

Ordered this thru US Autoparts Network. Part # USOS-4000. Paid $48.00.

SP- I am in no way attempting to make your decision for you but having followed the forums for about 3 yrs. now I have yet to find one person who used the inexpensive "Oxy Sens" and found that they worked. That includes me. I ordered 2 from a parts source in Fl. that were Denso universal and were supposed to be the correct thing and to work and they didn't! Toyota/Lexus use VERY high quality parts as original eq. and the cars are very fussy about what you use on them. I looked up the US Autoparts Network to see if the one they sold you was supposed to be the correct one and it seemed to be according to their listing but was only listed at $27.68 so they must have charged you a lot to ship it. I don't know what to tell you about the wiring colors but I know I wouldn't use anything BUT OE Denso. Too many people have changed them or had them changed and still had problems with CEL's when they used aftermarket on T/L. There is an online Lexus dealer that sells OE for $150. and the site you used sells the Denso OE (it is the correct one, with plug installed) for $163.29. The # is NP 2349009. It is the exact one but sold under the Denso name as aftermarket because the original # 89467-48011 (changed from 10 to 11) belongs to T/L. You MAY be able to find the aftermarket Denso online for less. Good luck and let us know how things work out.