Canadian Dealer Service

Does anybody have feedback about the quality of Lexus dealer service in Ontario?

I bought a nearly new GS300 RWD at a Minnesota dealer in July of 2006. I'm in Minnesota often, and have found the service there to be wonderful.

However, in my opinion, the service that I've had a two different Ontario Lexus dealers is grumpy and unreliable. Is it just me?

Stan

Nope ,that is just the way they are in Canada.

They are not at the same level as the US dealers are for service.

Actually, they MAKE the cars, and just don't want them coming back, so they are particularly grumpy when one does, specially when it is a US model they believed gone forever! (joke)

I'm not one to generalize, so I can tell you my experience, and not my conjecture. I have dealt with two Lexus dealers in Vancouver, and the only one in Victoria. All are great. Loaners every time, and instructions to NOT put gas in them if I just use them in town. Good prices on parts and labour. In fact the labour rate is the same as Toyota, and that's $15.00 an hour less than the domestic dealers in town. When I order parts for myself to install, they are either in stock, or on hand the next day.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anybody have feedback about the quality of Lexus dealer service in Ontario?

I bought a nearly new GS300 RWD at a Minnesota dealer in July of 2006. I'm in Minnesota often, and have found the service there to be wonderful.

However, in my opinion, the service that I've had a two different Ontario Lexus dealers is grumpy and unreliable. Is it just me?

Stan

I bought my 2006 GS300 AWD at Don Valley North Lexus (Markham, north of Toronto) and have had them conduct some warranty work. They are extremely helpful and very pleasant to deal with. I am having some work done in the next few weeks so I will be able to give a more up-to-date report after that experience.

Ontario based dealers are poor to say the least.

Don valley is the higher rated dealers but still hit or miss , from getting work done properly, damaging cars and just general screw ups.

All lexus dealers are better than most Canadian dealers but are nothing in comparison to the US Lexus dealers.

The loaner program is another stupid irony with the dealers in Canada . They charge you the same price for service no matter where you buy it but won;t give a loaner?

In the US they give loaners and free washes even if you get an oil chnage on a 15 year old car , no matter where it came from.

On the same note it is up to the service advisor as i get loaners and have never bought from a dealer.