Tinted Windows

LexusES09

I'm considering adding a light to medium tint to the side and rear windows of my '09 ES350. I haven't contacted a dealer about it yet, anyone have thoughts on whether to do this at a dealer or private shop that specializes in these things? Any ideas on cost? Thanks!

I had my windows lightly tinted at the dealer and they look great. I would suggest tinting all of the windows with the exact same tint, do not get 'reflective tint' - get the smoke color and make sure they remove the tail light and tint under it; when you tint 'around' the tail light it looks a little WT in my opinion.

I had my windows lightly tinted at the dealer and they look great. I would suggest tinting all of the windows with the exact same tint, do not get 'reflective tint' - get the smoke color and make sure they remove the tail light and tint under it; when you tint 'around' the tail light it looks a little WT in my opinion.

Thanks for the tip! Do you recall how much it cost? Did you tint the rear window?

There are many threads on this site about tinting, you will find alot more info if you just do a quick search than wait around for people to answer questions that have already been answered.

Here's a link to a thread about tinting that is pretty recent (that's just an example there are plenty out there just do a search and you'll find a bunch of helpful info)

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...=32754&st=0

Eh, don't I feel stupid now :P . Thanks a lot for pointing this out, I'll definitely do a search before posting in the future.

I did have the rear window tinted, which is why they had to remove the brake light. I did not have the front window tinted - I didn't even know they could tint the front window. It was $195 at my Lexus dealer - they did a wonderful job.

I did have the rear window tinted, which is why they had to remove the brake light. I did not have the front window tinted - I didn't even know they could tint the front window. It was $195 at my Lexus dealer - they did a wonderful job.

Thanks for the update. My Lexus dealer just told me they don't do tinting and don't have any place they recommend. I just e-mailed another dealership and hopefully they do it. Otherwise I'll have to find an independent but I'd rather use a dealership.

Thanks for the pics, they look great! Congratz on the S5, I test drove one before getting the ES350, backseat was too small, but aside from that its one wicked car.

OMG!!! How did you do that!!!? Haha I never drove the even S5 and I put a deposit down on it. But after the driving an A5... I knew the S5 would fly :D

Thanks though! I'll post some pics up once I have both. ETA is mid May