Creaking Armrest

amcdonal86

Does anyone else have a loudly creaking front center armrest? It creaks whenever I put moderate pressure on it with my arm.

I tried buying those little cabinet bumper sticky dots all over where I thought the creaking might be coming from, but it STILL happens! Anyone else have this issue, or is it just me?

try the hinge on it. i believe it's only plastic so it could be creaking

The creaking is coming from the front--I think it's coming from where the bottom level meets the console.

I can probably fix it, but I'm just curious as to whether this is a common problem (perhaps with a common solution)?

You're not the only one. I noticed this too recently. Rest your arm on it and it creaks. It took me a little while to figure it out. I first thought it was coming from the passenger door. Then I thought it was because the armrest "rubs" against the seat. I haven't had a chance to try any remedies on it yet though.

17lex, I don't think it's the hinge, at least not yet. It's coming from the passenger side of the armrest towards the front where the middle (phone) section rests on the base.

Do you have both of the STOCK rubber bumpers on it?

I'm missing one and it creaks because of that... I thought about going to the local dealership that has an LS and snatching the bumper off of it! :D

Yes. I tried rubbing on them to "clean" them up a bit, no difference. Could it be a teperature issue that will go away when it warms up?

Even better than the dealer. Find one on craig's list and take it for a "test" drive!! :whistles:

Do you have both of the STOCK rubber bumpers on it?

I'm missing one and it creaks because of that... I thought about going to the local dealership that has an LS and snatching the bumper off of it! :D

No, I am missing a few, and I tried putting those cabinet bump stops in their place, but I guess they are not working.

Does anyone have a part number?

This is the last item that is disturbing my cocoon of serenity!

Does anyone have a part number?

I'm not sure if it's called out individually:

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_U_199502_LE...EPGKA_5806.html

I'm not quite sure which one it is. Those little things look like screws and not the bumpers. :(

I guess I'll just shell out $1000 for a new armrest! :P