Lexus Window Specs

LZGNY

sorry in advance if i am posting in wrong section , my question is how many percent of darkness has original lexus driver side and passanger side windows??

the reason why im asking is because i pulled over by police , they checked front 2 windows by meter and both of them showed 33% , which is 3% more than alloowed....

can anyone provide me with link to the info which can be helpful to fight this ticket?? thanks in advance

Well, if is only 3% off, then I suggest you have the tint independently tested and take the results to court ... or do you know if you have illegal tint?

If your location "11235" is a ZIP code that indicates that you live in New York, then the following website indicates that only 70% tint on the side windows is allowed: http://www.tintlaws.com/ Here is another website that shows the same thing: http://www.tintdude.com/laws.html

70% tint is hardly any extra tint at all. It's only a guess but I'd bet that the factory tint on your side windows is around 80%.

I have the legal maximum (35%) here in Kansas and it isn't dark enough to prevent discomfort on a hot sunny summer day.

I confused how your tint could be only 3% off and still be 33% in New York. If it was 3 percentage points too dark, it would be 67%.

Also ... did you get pulled over only for tint? ... or was the tint violation just an extra on top of why they really stopped you.

Well, if is only 3% off, then I suggest you have the tint independently tested and take the results to court ... or do you know if you have illegal tint?

If your location "11235" is a ZIP code that indicates that you live in New York, then the following website indicates that only 70% tint on the side windows is allowed: http://www.tintlaws.com/ Here is another website that shows the same thing: http://www.tintdude.com/laws.html

70% tint is hardly any extra tint at all. It's only a guess but I'd bet that the factory tint on your side windows is around 80%.

I have the legal maximum (35%) here in Kansas and it isn't dark enough to prevent discomfort on a hot sunny summer day.

I confused how your tint could be only 3% off and still be 33% in New York. If it was 3 percentage points too dark, it would be 67%.

Also ... did you get pulled over only for tint? ... or was the tint violation just an extra on top of why they really stopped you.

i pulled over for tint only... they were following 2 blocks and then pulled over... checked license etc and then police said that they doing vehicle equipment check and asked me to roll up window...

here is situation... by NY law i can tint window no darker than 30%, my window has 33% , my question is: what darkness has original clear window. is it 100% clear or maybe 2-3% dark???

i pulled over for tint only... they were following 2 blocks and then pulled over... checked license etc and then police said that they doing vehicle equipment check and asked me to roll up window...

here is situation... by NY law i can tint window no darker than 30%, my window has 33% , my question is: what darkness has original clear window. is it 100% clear or maybe 2-3% dark???

OEM tint is far from being 100% clear -- I'll never forget buying a new VW in 1975 without the tint option and being shocked at the different between completely clear windows and factory tinted windows.

I hope you are I are talking about the same light transmission amounts but tint darkness is usually expressed in the amount of light that tint allows to pass through it -- 70% for side windows in New York. 70% is the least amount of tint allowed in the US except for the few states that allow no tint at all.

I have never seen specifications for the amount of OEM tint on Lexus cars. The specs probably exist somewhere in some obscure Toyota/Lexus corporate document and you can likely find out from a Lexus dealer or by calling Lexus corporate. I suppose you could remove the tint from one side windows and ask the police or a tint shop to test the untinted window with a meter.

It's amazing that NY police would quibble over such a tiny difference. If you got nailed for having 70% tint on OEM tinted windows, there is probably not a car in NY with legal tint.

OEM tint is far from being 100% clear -- I'll never forget buying a new VW in 1975 without the tint option and being shocked at the different between completely clear windows and factory tinted windows.

I hope you are I are talking about the same light transmission amounts but tint darkness is usually expressed in the amount of light that tint allows to pass through it -- 70% for side windows in New York. 70% is the least amount of tint allowed in the US except for the few states that allow no tint at all.

I have never seen specifications for the amount of OEM tint on Lexus cars. The specs probably exist somewhere in some obscure Toyota/Lexus corporate document and you can likely find out from a Lexus dealer or by calling Lexus corporate. I suppose you could remove the tint from one side windows and ask the police or a tint shop to test the untinted window with a meter.

It's amazing that NY police would quibble over such a tiny difference. If you got nailed for having 70% tint on OEM tinted windows, there is probably not a car in NY with legal tint.

every shop who tints windows , has 5-15-35 and 50% tint... and to have legal tint you must install 50% , which doesn't make sense , because its almost nothing.

and yes because city need money , they giving ticket for everything. When i asked officer that i only have 3% difference , he just said :i m sorry ..

and funny part is fine for my ticket as police said is only 5$per ticket(i have 2 of them ) and surcharge is 50$ for each ticket ::(((

about month ago friend of mine got pulled over for tints, he has 15% which is 15 %more than allowed, and for 2 ticketsa he paid 160$, i think fines depends on tint darkness

I don't think we are the same page. You said that 50% is legal but "is almost nothing". Yes, 50% tint is quite light compaired to the 35% that is allowed here in Kansas but 50% is substantially darker than the 70% tint allowed on side windows in New York.

Here is a wikipedea about tint: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Window_tinting

I don't think we are the same page. You said that 50% is legal but "is almost nothing". Yes, 50% tint is quite light compaired to the 35% that is allowed here in Kansas but 50% is substantially darker than the 70% tint allowed on side windows in New York.

Here is a wikipedea about tint: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Window_tinting

sorry i meant compare to 30% , 50% is nothing :))))

70% is percentage of light need to come through your side window...