Power/programmable Seats

When the dealer delivered my IS250 AWD they showed us how to program the power seats and steering wheel position, but the only part that moves when I hit the presets now is the steering wheel.

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone know why this would happen?

As I recall, I should have to do is put the seat and steering wheel in the positions I want, then hit and hot SET and the 'memory' button I want this position saved to. They did this at the dealer when we picked up the car, but no matter what buttons hit all that moves is the steering wheel.

Ok, your still not being clear. Try all this first. Go out to your car and get in the driver seat.

1) Does the seat move back and fourth using the controls on the side of the seat? Yes? Read on, No? Probably a fuse, go to the dealer and have them fix it for you, or open the owners manual and locate the fuse and replace it yourself.

2) Yes? the seat does move? Now hit your memory 1 button. Does the seat return to the saved position now? Yes, Keep reading, No? You just need to set the memory using the steps provided in your owners manual, or take it back to your dealer and have them do it for you.

3) Yes? It did return to the starting position, then your done, it's saved, and you didn't have a problem. :)

As I recall, I should have to do is put the seat and steering wheel in the positions I want, then hit and hot SET and the 'memory' button I want this position saved to. They did this at the dealer when we picked up the car, but no matter what buttons hit all that moves is the steering wheel.

Yeah--this is right. So after you do this, manually move the seat all the way back. Then start the car, and press "1". It should move back to the memory place.

Then you can tie one of your remotes to this position, and it will move it back to the memory position when you unlock the car, and open the driver's door (if it's out of position).

Dealer programmed our seats to our key fobs. Worked before final pick up but now it doesn't. I suspect that power was pulled at some point and it has to be reprogrammed but haven't cracked open the manual yet to do it. I do remember seeing the instructions while flipping through though...

To set it to position # don't you just adjust it, press and hold the position (1,2,etc)?

Dealer programmed our seats to our key fobs. Worked before final pick up but now it doesn't. I suspect that power was pulled at some point and it has to be reprogrammed but haven't cracked open the manual yet to do it. I do remember seeing the instructions while flipping through though...

To set it to position # don't you just adjust it, press and hold the position (1,2,etc)?

You press "Set" and the # at the same time. Then, to program the FOB, you press the # and either lock or unlock simultaneously (I'm pretty sure about this one, but there may be an additional step too).

• 1 month later...