Ripping Cd's Into 08 Ls460

I burn my own disks, I include the text info, id tags in versions 1, and 2. When I put the disk in it reads just fine and shows track and title info. When I press record, the title and track info disappear and I get the time and date that I burned the disk in it's place. Help Help

Assuming we're talking about CD text, the system can read cd text that either came on the original disc or you added to a burned disc. The system however doesn't rip the cd text. It uses the cddb database in the hard drive, if the information is there. Its not a limitation of the car. Its no different than your pc. Your media players such as itunes, wmp, media monkey, winamp, etc can read the cd text but doesn't rip them as it will go online to get the information from CDDB ( Gracenote). Supposedly there are some utiliites/plug ins for that will rip the cd text, but in todays world of ipods, most people use mp3 tags without any thought about it.

If the disc info is not in the cddb database, have you checked with the dealer to see if there's an update?