Advise On Sideswipe Repair

My 2009 LS 460 with 3000 miles was sideswiped at the airport parking garage. It does not seem serious but looks bad.

I wonder if any other members have any advise for me about repairing the doors and matching the paint. The paint color is a sort of white pearl.

While Lexus of Manhattan has a in house body shop I wonder if it will be possible to match the paint. I wonder if it is possible to buy door panels from Lexus that have been painted by the factory? Will a body shop return it good as new?

Am I worrying about nothing?

If any of you can give me advise I would be very grateful.

thanks

phil

The "diamond white pearl" 1990 LS400 I bought new and drove 13 1/2 years had body work done several times, including the rear one third being repainted one time, and I never could tell it had been repainted. The car looked like new when I sold it.

I've also had paint work done on the "crystal white" 2000 LS400 I bought used at 3 years/38,000 including once in my driveway by the same touch-up guy the Lexus dealer uses. I don't think anyone can tell where it's been repainted.

I think it may just be more difficult for me to see repainted areas on a white car due to the way white reflects light. The body work we have had done on darker color cars - especially one with metallic burgandy paint - hasn't come out as well.

Good bodyshops can match paint perfectly nowadays. I've had the bumper repainted on my metallic burgundy ES and its impossible to tell.

What you need to do is get referrals for bodyshops, I'd pass on the dealer's shop. You need a shop that is successful because they do great work, not because a dealer feeds them all the business they need.

Look for computerized paint matching.

You actually would not want panels off another car. Even when new the paints are slightly different shades from car to car. a Good body shop will use their paint matching system to tint the paint to it matches the particular paint on your car.

Again...I'd stay away from Lexus dealers...find a good independent shop. Them not calling you back is a symptom of the issue I mentioned, they don't need your continued and referral business thus they won't be motivated to go the extra mile.