Its Been Quite Awhile, Just Sayin Hi Again

Captain Meeks

Hello again everyone,glad to see most familiar names are alive and kicking after the Great Ice of 09 came and went. We just got power back up last night at the house. Been out since January 27th and we are the lucky ones....considering we had two generators and a actual wood fireplace in the house and the temps got down into below zero catagory afew nights. Hope everyone made it through ok. My wife kids and cars par pretty good in the storm and Lexus came through like a champ...without being able to get out of driveway from trees in subfreezing temps for solong,I was alil worried about the battery taking a snap in the cold. Low and behold wife fired it right up after setting for so long. My wife and 18 year old daughter done great too.. never thought i would find them carrying in firewood and cooking on wood burning stove. But, both of them came through like champs themselves..lol... I think some of the days they even enjoyed being cut off from the real world...lol... just them the generators and Tevo..lmao... thats about as cut off as it gets...If anyone works for the power companies a thanks goes out..we had crews from Tx. and Ga. and a few other states and nomatter what anybody says they worked their !Removed! off in weather to get us back up and running as fast as they did...the damage was devastating where we live..well just wanted to see if anyone else had a ice story... if you do and have pics post them so others can see just what I am talking about.

The picture I posted is of a tree at Cairo Ill. Where the Ohio River, Upper Mississippi, Lower Mississippi meet. I was on the M/V City of Louisville when it was taken...temp outside was 12 degrees with a windchill of -2....lol...looks alil cold.

post-74907-1234189393_thumb.jpg

Hello again everyone,glad to see most familiar names are alive and kicking after the Great Ice of 09 came and went. We just got power back up last night at the house. Been out since January 27th and we are the lucky ones....considering we had two generators and a actual wood fireplace in the house and the temps got down into below zero catagory afew nights. Hope everyone made it through ok. My wife kids and cars par pretty good in the storm and Lexus came through like a champ...without being able to get out of driveway from trees in subfreezing temps for solong,I was alil worried about the battery taking a snap in the cold. Low and behold wife fired it right up after setting for so long. My wife and 18 year old daughter done great too.. never thought i would find them carrying in firewood and cooking on wood burning stove. But, both of them came through like champs themselves..lol... I think some of the days they even enjoyed being cut off from the real world...lol... just them the generators and Tevo..lmao... thats about as cut off as it gets...If anyone works for the power companies a thanks goes out..we had crews from Tx. and Ga. and a few other states and nomatter what anybody says they worked their !Removed! off in weather to get us back up and running as fast as they did...the damage was devastating where we live..well just wanted to see if anyone else had a ice story... if you do and have pics post them so others can see just what I am talking about.

The picture I posted is of a tree at Cairo Ill. Where the Ohio River, Upper Mississippi, Lower Mississippi meet. I was on the M/V City of Louisville when it was taken...temp outside was 12 degrees with a windchill of -2....lol...looks alil cold.

Great story. Glad things turn out ok. You must live out in the boonies to have generators and plenty of firewood. Props for being prepared. :cheers: So now you've got some catching up to do!