2006 Is250 Awd

Hello,

My 2006 IS250 AWD has a 12v outlet and Aux In jack but no USB for recharging USB devices. 12v socket to USB adapters are too long and will not fit in the space available. I'm thinking about getting a 12v/115 vac converter and a 115 vac to USB adapter but this seems like not the best way to do this. What are others doing for USB support? Thanks.

This is what I am considering getting. Check out the videos.

http://www.multimedialinq.com/vml.php

Thanks. I ordered the VML and the SL2xmt with CNP 2000 XM satellite radio tuner today. I plan to install them myself. Michael at Vais Technology assured me that they will coexist peacefully with integration into the factory radio/nav system and I will still have the AUX INPUT in the console. Thanks for the tip.

This is what I am considering getting. Check out the videos.

http://www.multimedialinq.com/vml.php

Thanks. I ordered the VML and the SL2xmt with CNP 2000 XM satellite radio tuner today. I plan to install them myself. Michael at Vais Technology assured me that they will coexist peacefully with integration into the factory radio/nav system and I will still have the AUX INPUT in the console. Thanks for the tip.

Yeah, that's going to be a nice set up. You'll be very happy with those.

Nice, nice... I'm excited for you. Would love to see pics of the install & final setup once the equip arrives. Keep us tuned! Still haven't placed my order :( Thinking of installing a mono amp & sub first, need that low bad! B)

I hope to get it installed next weekend. I'll post installation pictures and screen shots when I finish.

• 2 weeks later...
Nice, nice... I'm excited for you. Would love to see pics of the install & final setup once the equip arrives. Keep us tuned! Still haven't placed my order :( Thinking of installing a mono amp & sub first, need that low bad! B)

I hope to get it installed next weekend. I'll post installation pictures and screen shots when I finish.

I got the the Vais Tech VML and the SL2xmt with CNP 2000 XM satellite radio tuner connected. They both work as advertised with no conflicts. A Car Toys employee had told me that they wouldn't both work in the same car because the network would find only the first one in the chain. That didn't sound right to me and Michael at Vais Tech said the would both work OK. I chose to believe the manufacturer and he was right. I installed them myself according to the furnished installation directions and everything worked perfectly. Vais Tech should send out information to their resellers to educate them. If I had listened to Car Toys, Vais Tech would have lost a sale.

If anybody has specific questions that I might be able to answer, I'd be happy to.

Right now the VML and SL2xmt hardware is lying on the floor and I'd like to find a good place to mount it. I plan to use a USB extension cord and mount that in the console box. Where is there room that would be a good place to mount the other hardware? Thanks for any suggestions.

I got the the Vais Tech VML and the SL2xmt with CNP 2000 XM satellite radio tuner connected. They both work as advertised with no conflicts. A Car Toys employee had told me that they wouldn't both work in the same car because the network would find only the first one in the chain. That didn't sound right to me and Michael at Vais Tech said the would both work OK. I chose to believe the manufacturer and he was right. I installed them myself according to the furnished installation directions and everything worked perfectly. Vais Tech should send out information to their resellers to educate them. If I had listened to Car Toys, Vais Tech would have lost a sale.

If anybody has specific questions that I might be able to answer, I'd be happy to.

Right now the VML and SL2xmt hardware is lying on the floor and I'd like to find a good place to mount it. I plan to use a USB extension cord and mount that in the console box. Where is there room that would be a good place to mount the other hardware? Thanks for any suggestions.

I put mine inside the center column. It's easy enouph to get to and you don't need to do the extension thing.