Daytime Running Light Dash Bulb Burned Out

JIrvine

I have a 2002 RX 300 and I just noticed that the blue light on my dash cluster (top right) that indicates that my daytime running lights are on, is no longer working. It appears the bulb is burned out. The daytime running lights still operate normally. Does anyone know what type of bulb that is? I have replaced the bulb in my dash cluster for the driving light, is this a similar bulb? Any information you could provide would be appreciated...thanks...

Here is how to get to it....

You will need to remove the 2 philip head screws on the upper part of black plastic cover around the cluster. Then remove the plastic trim around the ignition key cylinder and another plastic trim on the left side ( the seat memory and remote mirror switch are in this trim) and both of these trims just pop out.

After remove the black plastic cover around the cluster, you will need to remove 3 move philip head screws that hold the cluster. Remove the cluster out of its housing and carefully disconnect 3 connectors.

Then place the cluster face down on a towel to protect the clear cover. You will see the 'D' light from the back side. Just count the indicator light start from the bottom until you get to ' D'. Just use a small flat head screw driver and turn counter clockwise to remove the bulb. If you are not sure it's the right bulb you just removes, just shine the flash light behind it . Good luck.

You will just have to find the bulb for the high beams....

I have a 2002 RX 300 and I just noticed that the blue light on my dash cluster (top right) that indicates that my daytime running lights are on, is no longer working. It appears the bulb is burned out. The daytime running lights still operate normally. Does anyone know what type of bulb that is? I have replaced the bulb in my dash cluster for the driving light, is this a similar bulb? Any information you could provide would be appreciated...thanks...

I have a 1999RX300, with DRLs, and there is no indication on my dashboard that they are 'on'. The 'blue light' only lights when I turn on my headlights, and set the high beams. Does your blue light come on when your lights/high beams are 'on'?

The blue light is only illuminated when the "high beams" are switched on. The little green light is on when the low means are on.

004ws6.jpg

w640.png

003xu2.jpg

w640.png

005xk0.jpg

w640.png

If the blue high beam pilot light is burned out, it means you're using your high beams too often. I hope you haven't been blinding people for this long :P

If your bulb is burned out, i can sell you one if you pay for shipping. I've done a few gauge cluster modifications and i have a TON of extra rx300 gauge parts, including bulbs. Just let me know.

Thanks for the help. I may take you up on the offer for the bulb. I am trying to find out the type of bulb that is required to fix it. I live in Ontario, Canada and here we have day time running lights on during the day. My RX runs with the daytime running lights on during the day and on my dash there was a small almost half illuminated light to the middle right of my instrument cluster. The light would come on during the day while my daytime running lights were on and shut off automatically when my headlights came on at night. The light would come on to indicate that my daytime running lights were on just like the green headlight indicater comes on at night. I am not talking about the high beam light at all or the drive light or the headlight indicater. I am talking about the daytime running ligth indicater. The highbeam indicator is a seperate light all together and works fine. My headlight indicator works fine. I am fairly sure that if some one could tell me what type of light bulb is used for the headlight indicator that the daytime running light indicator would be the same or the same as that. Any more help would be appreicated...thanks again...

Thanks for the help. I may take you up on the offer for the bulb. I am trying to find out the type of bulb that is required to fix it. I live in Ontario, Canada and here we have day time running lights on during the day. My RX runs with the daytime running lights on during the day and on my dash there was a small almost half illuminated light to the middle right of my instrument cluster. The light would come on during the day while my daytime running lights were on and shut off automatically when my headlights came on at night. The light would come on to indicate that my daytime running lights were on just like the green headlight indicater comes on at night. I am not talking about the high beam light at all or the drive light or the headlight indicater. I am talking about the daytime running ligth indicater. The highbeam indicator is a seperate light all together and works fine. My headlight indicator works fine. I am fairly sure that if some one could tell me what type of light bulb is used for the headlight indicator that the daytime running light indicator would be the same or the same as that. Any more help would be appreicated...thanks again...

In the US, we do not have a DRL indicator. However, any Lexus dealer (Parts Dept.) could tell you what bulb is needed, if the info. is not in your manual. If you are 'sure' it is the same bulb as the 'drive' bulb, there is a thread on this forum where the replacement (and type of bulb) of the Drive light is discussed as well as the manner in which to access the bulb.

In the US, we do not have a DRL indicator. However, any Lexus dealer (Parts Dept.) could tell you what bulb is needed, if the info. is not in your manual. If you are 'sure' it is the same bulb as the 'drive' bulb, there is a thread on this forum where the replacement (and type of bulb) of the Drive light is discussed as well as the manner in which to access the bulb.

Here is a thread from another site that contains - somewhere 'down' - instructions on how to access bulbs behind the gauges on the dash. Good luck!

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx300-foru...eferrerid=12681