Rx400h Explodes On Startup In Arkansas...

I started a thread in the General forum too but I figured I would also start one here.

I was watching MSNBC this morning and a breaking news story came on that a Lexus RX had exploded when the owner, an Arkansas family doctor, started it up outside his home. ATF and FBI are on the way to investigate foul play, I can't imagine how it could literally explode without foul play...

Later updates identified it as a hybrid.

Lets try and keep this discussion together, here's the thread in the general forum:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=55038

Please try and respond there.

Looks like an RX400h alright. No mention as to the model and year in this article:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/02/04/doctor.car.blast/index.html

/Steve

Police: Doctor injured when bomb erupts in Lexus

earlier...........

Earlier, police told CNN affiliate WREG that they did not believe foul play was involved.

I would venture to say that if a relatively new vehicle erupts in a large explosion upon startup, foul play should be the first thing that comes to mind!

That's akin to someone starting his electric leaf blower only to have it blast a 6-foot hole in his yard and having the police say that they do not believe foul play is involved.

Incredible.......

Sorry, Steve,

I couldn't help myself..............