Clearbra - Venture Shield? Or Bug Deflector.

Hi all,

Just got my Rx 350 - love it! I wanted to get a general consensus about the clearbra from venture shield or the bug deflector. I heard the clearbra is preferred over the 3m style. And the bugdefletor is basically . . .useless and ugly. Unfortunately, not even a week in, I got my first tiny windshield chip from a rock. (the first one hurts so bad!!!!). It's just a tiny chip, so I'm just going to grin and bear it. But it lead me to think . . and from the posts on the boards . . .the lexus baby is on the fragile side. Anyone have any experiences w/ the clearbra and bug deflector? Needed? Overkill? Helps? just a waste of money?

if anyone knows of a competent distributor of the bra here in Northern NJ, I would appreciate it.

Thanks all and happy driving.

I am seriously considering a clearbra of some type.

We have a darned gravel/concrete plant near the house and those idiots keep a steady coating of crap on our roads to chip and scratch our cars. Grrr... :(

Like most things, there are several threads and lots of posts on all of these solutions if you browse or search. And again, like most things, some people love them, others hate them. Sadly no clear consensus in my mind.

It would be a much easier decision for me if it weren't so expensive.

Hood deflectors cause alot of wind turbulance and noise issues.

Also at the height of the hood it is rare to be hit by anything. A clear bra on the bumper is needed more.

I love my bra and it was isntalled by a pro so it follows curve to make it blending into the paint.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all,

Just got my Rx 350 - love it! I wanted to get a general consensus about the clearbra from venture shield or the bug deflector. I heard the clearbra is preferred over the 3m style. And the bugdefletor is basically . . .useless and ugly. Unfortunately, not even a week in, I got my first tiny windshield chip from a rock. (the first one hurts so bad!!!!). It's just a tiny chip, so I'm just going to grin and bear it. But it lead me to think . . and from the posts on the boards . . .the lexus baby is on the fragile side. Anyone have any experiences w/ the clearbra and bug deflector? Needed? Overkill? Helps? just a waste of money?

if anyone knows of a competent distributor of the bra here in Northern NJ, I would appreciate it.

Thanks all and happy driving.

GO HERE:

www.lorenzotintny.com

Hey ... I just got the 2010 RX350, and plan to do a clear bra as well to keep the front chip free. I plan on using my tint guy in Bronx, NY. It is definately worth the 30 min drive from Northern NJ. I take all my cars there to be tinted once I first get them. They do a very professional job. They work on mostly higher-end cars ... MB, Audi, BMW, Lexus, Acura, Porche, Range Rover, etc.

They installed the tint on my 2007 TL Type-S a few years ago .... did a wonderful job ... looks like it came from the factory... Plus while I was at the shop for the install, somebody who had the clear bra installed on front bumper came in ... they had gotten into a light accident, which scuffed up the corner of the bumper. The guys at Lorenzo's, peeled off the clear-bra ... the clear bra had taken the entire hit ... the bumper underneath was flawless... and the paint left UN-shattered! I was stunned ... they redid the clear bra on the SLK's bumper and it looked like new!

This made be make an appointment for the following weekend to have my car clear-bra installed. ... definately worth the investment in my opinion!