1996 Es300 Engine Code Problems

Hi,

I recently picked up 96 es300 with the 1mz-fe v6, it came with code p0330 knock sensor bank 2. I rewired the knock sensors at the ecm so both would feed off bank 1 sensor and every thing seems fine for a while.

Cleared codes , and code p0125 was present cleared it.

Changed valve cover gaskets front and rear.

Drove car and code p0770 came up, trans shift solenoid E. I flushed transmission and reset code, came back up about 5 min of driving p0770 and a p0401 egr insufficient flow.

Do u think the engine computer might be bad or a bad ground? The trans shifts fine but it still through the p0770 code.

The engine harness someone who previously owned the car was poking around, i could see the knock sensor harnesses were pryed into.

It just dosen't make sense that these random codes pop up one after another with nothing aparent wrong to the car. I will double check all EGR and vaccum lines, but u think it might be a BAD ECU ?

any help appreciated.

• 5 weeks later...

i had the exact same codes, i used my scanner to check and erase them and within minutes it comes back, so i replaced the round vaccum unit and the that cleared

the p0401. but the p0770 seems to be not wanted to go away, so i went and drained the tranny, removed the pan and checked out the firtst solenoid pertaining to

p0770 code, wiring connector seemed pretty tight, it was difficult to take it out to replace, because other items were blocking its sight. so i replaced gasket,

filled tranny and erased the code and it came back. but then, i did got to have a smog check done and failed, the p0770 code and problems with the oxygen sensor.

funny thing is i put in a new oxy sensor and erased the codes, passed smog.. and behold no check engine light, drove it for about 500 miles with no light, but then

the light came back, check it again same code p0770. so i gave up for now.. since it runs fine.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I recently picked up 96 es300 with the 1mz-fe v6, it came with code p0330 knock sensor bank 2. I rewired the knock sensors at the ecm so both would feed off bank 1 sensor and every thing seems fine for a while.

Cleared codes , and code p0125 was present cleared it.

Changed valve cover gaskets front and rear.

Drove car and code p0770 came up, trans shift solenoid E. I flushed transmission and reset code, came back up about 5 min of driving p0770 and a p0401 egr insufficient flow.

Do u think the engine computer might be bad or a bad ground? The trans shifts fine but it still through the p0770 code.

The engine harness someone who previously owned the car was poking around, i could see the knock sensor harnesses were pryed into.

It just dosen't make sense that these random codes pop up one after another with nothing aparent wrong to the car. I will double check all EGR and vaccum lines, but u think it might be a BAD ECU ?

any help appreciated.

How did you rewire (specifically) the knock sensor at the ecm? I want to try mine to see if that is actually the problem before tearing into the engine to replace them.