Is250/350 Dash Kit

I've seen a few posts saying you can't get a double din in a 250/350. I found this link where someone removed the factory stereo and put a double din in.

http://my.is/forums/f87/got-headunit-my-2i...o-added-317250/

I'm looking to see if someone has gone further and removed the non-nav AC controls and moved them so you can put a double din unit where the factory nav would go.

I've only seen 2 like in the thread you posted, but nothing else. And nothing about exchanging the the AC control panel. But I'm sure with enouph money anything is possible. I would think in order to put the nav system where the non nav ac controls are. I've looked at the back and how the system is put together, and to be honest, I think the only way is to have the center dash and console completely redone. If you look at the ac control panel, it's wider than the panel is below it, and narrarower than the dash above it.

There is a recent thread over on ClubLexus where someone moved the climate control to the driver side door panel to install a double DIN unit: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-second-...-installed.html

The driver now has to adjust the passenger side temperature. Very strange!

There is a recent thread over on ClubLexus where someone moved the climate control to the driver side door panel to install a double DIN unit: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-second-...-installed.html

Yeah, I read that thread before. I don't think there was a single positive reply to that mod. LOL!!

Is that AC control unit all 1 piece including the temp buttons? I figure you would be able to leave the buttons on the side. move the AC control where the CD player is, remove the fm tuner and cd player, leave the hazard button where it is. Put the new NAV where the OEM NAV mounts (close to where the club lexus post mounted his) Make custom fiberglass panels using an aftermarket dash kit. Get a paint and texture to match to the dash plastic.

The link to the club lexus post looks like they did a good job at the glass work but not sure why you would put the control in the door unless that whole unit was too wide then there is really no place to move it. The panel seems to fit nicely but the color and texture don't look like they match.

Maybe the reason the guy moved the entire HVAC control module to the driver door was that the temperature buttons were an integral part of the HVAC control module. Why don't you pop it out and take a look to see how it all fits together? I've pulled a lot of HVAC controls and head units and its usually pretty easy -- it might require a trim removal tool or two. Probably nothing helps as much as "getting your hands dirty" on projects like this.

Maybe the reason the guy moved the entire HVAC control module to the driver door was that the temperature buttons were an integral part of the HVAC control module. Why don't you pop it out and take a look to see how it all fits together? I've pulled a lot of HVAC controls and head units and its usually pretty easy -- it might require a trim removal tool or two. Probably nothing helps as much as "getting your hands dirty" on projects like this.

I would if I owned the car. I haven't purchased it yet and my big decision is finding one with or without a Nav.