Memory And Power Seats

Jerry

Hello,

I purchased my GX470 in October and have an issue that I hope everyone can help me with. I like to drive with my seat as high as I can get it (I'm short). I set the seat to it's highest point, and then save it in memory. Each time someone like a mechanic or a valet tries to move the seat up and I press the memory button, the seat goes a little lower. Eventually the seat will go all the way to the floor. Here are the exact steps to reproduce this behavior:

1. Move the seat to its highest position.

2. Save the seat's position in memory.

3. Pull the lever to move the seat up.

4. Press the memory button to restore the position, and the seat lowers a notch.

5. Pull the lever to move the seat to its highest position again.

6. Press the memory button to restore the position again, and the seat lowers even more.

7. Repeat 5 and 6 enough times, and the seat will lower to the floor.

Does anybody else have this behavior? The dealership is insisting that this is "operating as designed." I tried it on a few other Lexus vehicles and couldn't reproduce it on them. I have an appointment with them next week, and would like to know the facts first.

Best, Jerry

Weird...

Definately not the case on my Lexus, I'll try it on it and on my dads 04 LS430 for you.

Sounds to me like the seat memory module is bad and not remembering the seat position properly.