Pics: Es350

superchan7

I'm new here, so I thought I'd start off with some pictures of my car. Cheers! :)

2008 ES350, Smoky Granite Mica

Canon EOS 40D, Tamron SP-AF Di II 17-50mm f/2.8

w175154546.jpg

w175154549.jpg

w175154556.jpg

w175155435.jpg

w175155425.jpg

The following 3 shots are loaner cars that I got while mine was in for service:

w178672896.jpg

w178672963.jpg

w178672939.jpg

Back to my own car.

w179896034.jpg

And with a friend's car.

w179896039.jpg

Thanks! My interior is light gray as well...my previous car had a beige leather interior and I'm not a fan of a totally black interior. I got the car in February and it's been an awesome ride and a great value considering the luxuries it packs. Really relaxes me after a day at work, and looks good doing it too. I'm on the younger side of the age spectrum, so my friends tease me about not getting an IS or a BMW 3 series. :chairshot:

Obviously you were looking for more comfortable, quieter and smoother ride than the IS, 3 series and other alike, could offer. I too, although being a couple of years older than you, have researched into more sportier models before have settled for this most me suited automobil. Have previously owned 2006 Subaru Outback which I also liked. Traded it in for ES350 in August. Already over 11000 km (9000miles) on it. Love driving it as much and often as I can.

Truly a great car.

Welcome

I also have a 2008 Smokey Granite (great color); and with a spoiler, but with the black interior and mesh grille. In Ohio, the pale gray carpet will get too dirty. And I love the look of the black interior.

Your car is so clean; I'm jealous. Here now, all cars are dingy with road salt.

Welcome

I also have a 2008 Smokey Granite (great color); and with a spoiler, but with the black interior and mesh grille. In Ohio, the pale gray carpet will get too dirty. And I love the look of the black interior.

I am getting the feeling that this SGM is a popular color for this popular car model. And right so, it is a classy and clean looking color (forget the 'clean' part for now).

OH-Guy, you are not alone with a dingy looking car this time of the year, even here in the Northwest. Where the rain would normally keep it reasonably clean, this year with all the snow on the ground and all the added sand and salt, my car looks just like yours. Drt-eeee!

Cheer-up!

Welcome

I am getting the feeling that this SGM is a popular color for this popular car model. And right so, it is a classy and clean looking color (forget the 'clean' part for now).

OH-Guy, you are not alone with a dingy looking car this time of the year, even here in the Northwest. Where the rain would normally keep it reasonably clean, this year with all the snow on the ground and all the added sand and salt, my car looks just like yours. Drt-eeee!

Cheer-up!

That's odd, rajko...I didn't notice any dirt on the outside of your ES when you and I went for a drive last Friday. So, in addition to SGM being a very classy colour, it must hide dirt fairly well too. But then, you are probably just like me in that regard. If I see one spot on my car that looks even a little bit dirty, I have to clean it ASAP or it will bother me to no end! :wacko:

And don't even get me started about bird droppings! If I see that a bird has "done its thing" on my car, I'll literally run to get something to wipe it off! That phobia may very well stem from an incident a few years ago when I came out of the office to go home and found that a Canada Goose had pooped all over my car sometime during the day. And for anybody who may be unfamiliar with Canada Geese and the size of their poops, I'll tell ya, it's pretty gross! I don't think there was more than a single square foot of sheet metal or glass on my car that wasn't plastered with the nasty stuff after the goose had conducted its aerial bombardment! wild.gif

So I drove straight from the office to the local car wash and even the pressure wash had difficulty in getting it all off!

As we all know, bird droppings can be very harmful to paint, so I was thankful that I was able to clean it off (with difficulty) before it had a chance to etch itself into the clear coat.

But, to get back to your point, I agree that this season has been exceptional so far. Our usual rainy winter has been replaced with one of snow and ice and low temperatures, which make keeping a car looking clean a near impossibility!

Oh and superchan7, that's a very beautiful ES you have there!! :cheers:

Living in California makes it easier to maintain a clean car...definitely appreciate that. My car isn't that clean right now; we had light rain today and in a snow-free climate, light rain is the worst thing that can happen to cars. Dust and dirt are brought into highly visible clumps with the small amount of water being insufficient to actually carry it down and off the car.