Is 350 30k Service

Hi guys... My 2006 IS350 is about to hit 30k miles, and my dealer wants about $650 for this service! Looking at the maint. manual, the only replacements that's required by Lexus is the change of the engine oil and filter, air filter, brake fluid, and air conditioning filter, the rest is all "checking" vs. "replacing" on different things. I was just thinking about getting the oil changed ,and doing the filters myself... Any thoughts? Thanks.

May want to check your brakes. I checked mine at 25k, they looked barely used! I was quite pleased, considering the conditions I drive in.

Not to hijack this thread, but can anyone confirm that all you have to do to change the front pads is pull the retaining pin and compress the pistons a bit to get the new pads in? Could it be that easy? Kudos to Lexus engineers if so.

Hi guys... My 2006 IS350 is about to hit 30k miles, and my dealer wants about $650 for this service! Looking at the maint. manual, the only replacements that's required by Lexus is the change of the engine oil and filter, air filter, brake fluid, and air conditioning filter, the rest is all "checking" vs. "replacing" on different things. I was just thinking about getting the oil changed ,and doing the filters myself... Any thoughts? Thanks.

$650 for 30K maintanence seems outrageously high!! Why does the brake fluid need to be changed at 30K???? Why can't the cabin air filter could go longer?

Brake fluid is precautionary as it can pick up moisture and lead to component corrosion. I change the cabin filter whenever I think it needs it. That's one of those YMMV items.