Gs300 Awd Poor High Beam Headlamps

I live north of Toronto and sometimes drive on country roads at night.

When traffic is around (either in front of me going same direction or coming towards me) I find the low beams are very good, especially as they are HID lamps.

When there is NO traffic, the high beams do NOT light up the road far enough ahead to allow one to safely drive faster than 70 kph (45 mph). The high beams are NOT focussed to light the road further ahead than the low beam lamps. The high beams are not HID and they also spread the light too much, width and height.

I feel strongly that the high beams are not suitable for driving at night on open country roads, but I am probably in the minority (less than 5% of Lexus GS300 drivers, who drive on country roads).

Has anyone else experienced thsi problem, please?

Disapppointed Lexus GS300 AWD owner

I drive on country roads, back roads, wooded roads, all kinds of roads. My high beams illuminate the area quiet well, as well as my 02 ES did.

I did swap out the stock high beam bulb for a Sylvania Ultra bulb and that helped even more.

bridlewood and John Stanley:

Have you had you high beam aiming adjusted? The procedure is in you owners manual.

steviej

I drive on country roads, back roads, wooded roads, all kinds of roads. My high beams illuminate the area quiet well, as well as my 02 ES did.

I did swap out the stock high beam bulb for a Sylvania Ultra bulb and that helped even more.

The Lexus dealership will NOT fit 3rd party bulbs or HID for the high beams - not endorsed by Lexus Canada

bridlewood and John Stanley:

Have you had you high beam aiming adjusted? The procedure is in you owners manual.

Yes, the dealership adjusted the high beams BUT still not good. The high bema light is NOT focussed enough nor bright enough to light the road far ahead.

steviej

The high beam on my GS lights up the road like a 1000 ft ahead.

Does the GS350 have a different high beam system than the GS300, please?

Look in your manual, is there a seperate low and high beam adjustment in the GS300?

The high beam on my GS lights up the road like a 1000 ft ahead.

Does the GS350 have a different high beam system than the GS300, please?

Look in your manual, is there a seperate low and high beam adjustment in the GS300?

Yes, there are separate adjustments for the low beams and the high beams on the GS300. The dealership has adjusted them but the high beams are still not bright enough nor focussed enough to light up the road far ahead. The low beams are HID but the high beams are only halogen and therefore more yellow, than bright white light.

The low beams are HID but the high beams are only halogen and therefore more yellow, than bright white light.

Spend $50 and get a set of Sylvania Ultras or spend $75 and get a set of PIAA Xtreme Whites or PIAA Intense White bulbs.

In any of those three sets, you will see a difference in brightness.

steviej