Electrical Problem Due To Battery Failure

wk3stl

2000 LX470 with 87K miles.

Vehicle has been perfect to date- 2nd ownwer - purchased 2002 with 29k miles

Dealer performed all service to date.

Battery went completely dead last night - confirmed dead cell in battery

Replaced battery.

Vehicle turns over but does not start and have no electrical support- no interior or dash lights/door locks radio.

Is there some type of reset that has to be performed when you change out battery?

Any ideas would be appreciated as the vehicle is in a less than desireable spot in the driveway :( ?

That recently happened to me with a less than 6 month old new Lexus battery....the truck would turn over for about 2 seconds and then everything would go dead. Total electrical failure. Not sure if this is exactally what is happening with you. So I am suggesting that the new battery you got is bad? It might not be the problem but it is worth a try. I did not think a new battery would be crap.....but it was!

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...trical+failture

• 3 weeks later...

I had a battery go dead on mine, and it started up just fine once I got the new one in it.

You might check your fuses and breakers, one or more may have blown. If they are fine, check the battery cables to be sure they are making good connections. New batteries may not be charged adequately if they have been sitting in the store for awhile, however, if there is juice to turn the engine, then the interior lights should be on - so it sounds to me like bad connections somewhere, involving interior lighting and the EFI. Another possibility is a short in those areas that caused the original battery to fail.

If you can't get it solved, check out the Toyota Technical Information site where you can download the electrical manual for a modest fee.

• 2 weeks later...