1994 Ls400 Power Loss

WhiteLs

Hello I dirve a 1994 ls400. I was coming home from work about two days ago and out of no where it missed real bad almost like a stall but didnt turn off. The whole way home it was missing and just had no power when i come to a stop it idles real low, and when i give it gas it acts like it doesnt want to go. What do yall think it could be? I tried putting a maf from another working ls and nothing. I checked the wires and plugs and there all good. I have no clue what might be causing this problem. Any help would be great.

1994 LS400 150xxx

New water pump, plugs, wires and timing belt.

Thanks for the reply i checked it today and seemed to work fine then i unplugged it and the motor idle real rough than died so im sure the coils are good but thanks.

Could it be that i might have gotten bad gas? I think i might have got bad gas? but wouldnt the car act up after i left the gas station? im gonna pull the plugs and see what i can find.

...have you been using premium gas?

i've been going thur something similar.

i first started with the simple first.

...premium gas, gas additives

air filter, after air filter the car started to drive better

next i'll change the plugs and gas filter.

don't know if the helps your problem but the way i look at it is start with the simple and cheapest first.

Rough running and near stalling can also be a symptom of broken wires in the left trunk hinge. Here is a recent thread: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=53517

When wires in my left trunk hinge broke on my 90 LS, it had so little power that I was barely able to drive it about 10 miles to get home. If you have never checked the trunk hinge wires, you might as well do it regardless if it is the cause of this problem. It is a very common problem in the gen 1 LS.

Maybe one of the coils. check drivers side first.

Bingo thanks alot when i went to go check it it still had alittle bit of life left in it but. Now that i replaced it with a coil from a working ls it fired right up!!!! Thanks alot everyone. My new coil is coming in the mail.