Any Past Experiences With Gas Types?

FLaNte

Hello everyone,

A newbie here learning about my mean 1997 Lexus LS 400! I've recently started driving and found out that my father recently started filling it Regular gas (due to tough economic times for the family). I've searched from the net and these forums about the controversial putting regular into a "premium unleaded only" Car. I wanted to know if anyone has had past experiences that would truly give some insight on this topic.

I've already come to a conclusion of why we should go back to premium, but does anyone have concrete experiences to help me back it up? Thanks! Hope to be on here more often.

If you searched then you would have found that......

Yes there is a negative impact on efficiency AND power.

You could have just read through the other gas thread in the LS forum.... ;)

Welcome to the club FL. :cheers: Sorry to hear about the tough times. With the economy as it is, it's very tempting to lower our costs on everything we can. Some cost cutting however, doesn't get you further ahead. Read this link and decide for yourself:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=44543

Hello everyone,

A newbie here learning about my mean 1997 Lexus LS 400! I've recently started driving and found out that my father recently started filling it Regular gas (due to tough economic times for the family). I've searched from the net and these forums about the controversial putting regular into a "premium unleaded only" Car. I wanted to know if anyone has had past experiences that would truly give some insight on this topic.

I've already come to a conclusion of why we should go back to premium, but does anyone have concrete experiences to help me back it up? Thanks! Hope to be on here more often.

Basically the motors have a higher compression which is why they require premium octane. If you put less than premium it can result in detonation due to pinging from the pistons. All in all its not good for the motor or performance or efficiency as jcrome04 stated. And I dont know what others have experienced with putting regular unleaded vs. premium fuel in their Lexus, But I would never do it!! Its not recommended from the factory for a good reason!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you searched then you would have found that......

Yes there is a negative impact on efficiency AND power.

You could have just read through the other gas thread in the LS forum.... ;)

Sound advise on all counts. Let's keep the most current gas discussions (since there are 100s of them) together in the thread that blacktop linked us to.

Closed.