Ls 460 L Awd Tires And Rims

on Thursday I purchased an LS 460L all-wheel-drive. I take possession next week.

Does anyone know if I can replace the 18 inch nine spoke wheels that come standard with the car, with the 5 spoke 19 inch wheels that I have seen on some cars? Will they fit?

If they will fit can I buy all season tires for the 19 inch 5 spoke wheels or only summer tires?

Is it true that only the dealers can install tires on the rims?

Is it worth it to pay $750 for an insurance policy on the tires and rims or should i just buy 4 tires as a backup on ebay?

Thank you in advance for your help.

phil

• 3 weeks later...
the 19" is only for 460L with sports package only. you can not put them on any other LS460. the offsets are different.

no others can install the tires, they just need the touchless machine to do so, most places that do 17s+ will have it.

I would keep the 18s on there, and get a set of winters off tirerack

if you go big, go 20s+ inch

Not sure if your LS has the tire pressure monitoring system alone or the self inflating system as well - if it has the inflation system, your going to need special rims. (friends S550 4matic has the same thing)

cheers,