Dvd Map Upgrades & Lockout Override

A couple questions. I have an early build '07 GS450h that has the 5.1 version of the DVD. What do I really gain by upgrading to the 8.1 version?

Also, I understand the 8.1 version will not let you perform the override possible with the 5.1 version. Anyone know what the file is on the data disc that needs to be replaced with the file from the 5.1 disc (or where I can find that procedure)? This supposedly enables you to perform the override but with the updated map, points of interest, etc.

Thanks for the help!!

By upgrading to version 8.1, the I Agree button will disappear on startup, and will be replaced by a warning message.

Yes, you will lose the override menu with version 8.1. You need to replace the loading.kwi file.

Send me an email (address located in my profile), or make another post and I can then send you a private message through the board.

By upgrading to version 8.1, the I Agree button will disappear on startup, and will be replaced by a warning message.

Yes, you will lose the override menu with version 8.1. You need to replace the loading.kwi file.

Send me an email (address located in my profile), or make another post and I can then send you a private message through the board.

Hello All.

I'm a new member to this Forum. I have a Neiman Marcus 2007 GS450h; one of the first GS450h's made. There are a few things that I'd like to find a way to fix, and any advice would be much appreciated.

a) I want to upgrade to the latest version of the Navigation firmware/software/maps. How can I tell as to what version I currently have, and how can I upgrade?

B) I do want the ability to be able to select destinations while moving etc. So, I want the "override" capability. I don't know what the sequence is. I'd appreciate it if you can point me to it, as well as tell me how to retain that in the new version of the Navigation software.

c) Does anyone know if I can play a DVD via the DVD Player through the Navigation screen? Or watch a Video IPod. It seems like there are products from a company called Coastal Tech that might help. Does anyone know if they work with a 2007 GS450h. If so, can you tell me which exact version of what to order.

d) I'd love to be able to synch my Blackberry Contacts with the Lexus. Is there a way to do that? And then the ability to dial etc. while moving.

I'd really appreciate any feedback.

Regards.

Abhi