Navigation Upgrade

does anyone know where i can get a navigation/maps upgrade for my 2 lexuses? i have a 2007 rx350 and is250 and a bunch of maps are incomplete/missing streets. lexus says that we need the new navigation dvd upgrade and they want $350 each!

i LOVE that i can override the navi-system that i have now (only on the rx, cannot override the is) but i have heard that if i upgrade i will not be able to override anymore.

any info on this would be greatly appreciated!

If you upgrade to version 6.1 or later, you will not be able to override the system. You can run a hybrid disc that has the 5.1 software and the latest map data and then still be able to use the override menu. I'll send you some more info.

If you upgrade to version 6.1 or later, you will not be able to override the system. You can run a hybrid disc that has the 5.1 software and the latest map data and then still be able to use the override menu. I'll send you some more info.

Hi Just picked up my 09 RX 350 and already annoyed by navigation.What is hybrid disc and how can I get/make oneand will it void warranty?Please help

Hi Just picked up my 09 RX 350 and already annoyed by navigation.What is hybrid disc and how can I get/make oneand will it void warranty?Please help

I would recommend searching the forums or with google the words hybrid disc for more info, but bacially a hybrid disc reinstalls older software onto the Lexus navigation system. This older software allows access to an override menu that allows destination input while in motion, by inputting a series of buttons each time you start the vehicle. It is called a hybrid disc because you combine that older navigation software with the newest map data from a later navigation disc.