Interior Fog Light Switching

redsully

I know this is an odd request, but can someone with a post '94 SC post a picture of their fog light switch? Is it on the dash or the control arm? Do you think it could be added to my '93 SC? I've done the installation and can't figure out a presentable way to make the lights come on, other than changing the relays for the park lights and head lights (that is making all lights come on on the first click and then the fog lights on the second (normal) headlight setting). Am I wasting my time?

Oh yeah, one last question: where are the headlight relays?

Thanks!

redsully,

Here's a picuture of the light switch in my '95 SC400. The person that took the picture was trying to show the TILT AWAY button and not the light switch. I can take a better picture if it'll help.

See "better" picture below!! [Added on edit 01-01-04]

:)

You could also put a separate switch in the knee panel (left side). There is a cover there for a switch that was on some cars. I don't know what the switch was for (possibly the driving lights?). This would keep you from changing the light stalk if you didn't want to get into that.

redsully,

Here's a better picture that I took today. My '99 LS400 light switch looks identical to my '95 SC400 light switch so you probably aren't limited to SC's for your search.

Man, that's one clean interior. :lol:

I may have to go ahead and add an additional switch (by the knee panel)... unless someone can show me how to get the light rod off - I'm pretty good at running additional wires. Any online guides for this procedure?

I'd save myself the trouble and run an auxillary switch or wire directly into the power lead for the running lights or something like that. You should use a relay. But I'm not real good with that stuff so don't ask. I could figure it out if I had it in front of me but otherwise is just guessing. I'm sure there is something out there on line - but not sure if the steering column disassembly is. I need to get my scanner working again.

I may have to go ahead and add an additional switch (by the knee panel)... unless someone can show me how to get the light rod off - I'm pretty good at running additional wires. Any online guides for this procedure?

<_< Are you trying to add another set of foglights to your current setup? It sounds like you're trying to add an aftermarket set to your stock Fogs.

Man, that's one clean interior.
you can say that again. I could eat off that.

Thanks guys ... my wife wouldn't have it any other way! :unsure:

redsully,

Here's something from the factory manual describing the removal and installation of the combination switches.

switchremoval.jpg

I read the words from that "switchremoval.jpg" and tremble in fear... "DISABLING SRS." No thanks. I'll go ahead and install an auxilary switch for my stock cornering lights (to become fog lights), using a relay, of course. Piece of cake, I just wanted it all to look stock.

And P.S. Your interior DOES look beautiful!

• 3 weeks later...

Redsully,

i am new here, but just wondering what kind of switch & relay that you get to "improvise" the conversion from cornering lights to fog lights. Where did you get those parts? What are part numbers of each? Did you change the bulbs?

I have a 93 Sc300 & thinking about doing it too. So any help from you or any one who knows is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I used a relay and switch from RadioShack... the switching looks nice, and all the wires leading to and from the relay (including to the "fog lights") are absolutely beautiful. However, the gained visibility from this modification was hardly worth the effort that went into the installation.

BTW: I'm using 100W Xenon lamps for the "fog lights."

P.S.: This conversion is best left undone...

No pictures for a while: My digital camera broke : (