Anyoen Use A Oil Evacuator In Your Oil Change?

dchan865

Hi folks,

Anyone use a device like Mitvac to pump out the oil in your oil change on your 2000 RX? Just wondering if such a device has a hose that's long enough to extract the oil.

Thanks!

Hi folks,

Anyone use a device like Mitvac to pump out the oil in your oil change on your 2000 RX? Just wondering if such a device has a hose that's long enough to extract the oil.

Thanks!

Mityvac's come in several sizes and the hoses are usually plenty long, up to 5' if I remember. I've not used one for an oil-change although I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to do so if you can't get under your vehicle for some reason.

Hi folks,

Thanks!

Three years ago I purchased a 4.5 liter Tempo Boy oil extractor for my 2000 RX300 and BMW 3-series and liked it so much that I recently purchased a 6.5 liter Pela 650 oil extractor on EBay. I've also used the extractor to suck out brake fluid, power steering fluid, and oil in the bottom of the oil filter well (BMW). The advantage of an extractor is not having to get under the car and there is no oil mess to clean up. But with a RX300 it's really easy to get under to remove the drain plug and just as easy to drain and refill the transmission fluid.

The extractor comes with two long hoses which can easily reach the bottom of the oil pan to vacuum out the same amount of oil as when I gravity drain the oil. The strong suction power conveniently transfers the old oil into a canister.

http://www.pelaproducts.com/HowToUse1.htm

Hi folks,

Thanks!

Mityvac's come in several sizes and the hoses are usually plenty long, up to 5' if I remember. I've not used one for an oil-change although I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to do so if you can't get under your vehicle for some reason.

I read reviews about this product and its been favorable. But some folks have issues getting it to work on some cars. Some have problems with the hose not long enough and some were caused because a screen prevented the hose from getting to the oil pan. I think I'll try it and see. My Lexus dealership use a product like this when they came to my home and service my other rig several years ago.

I have a Tempo Oil boy and it works great, but a few years ago I used it on a Dodge Stealth and it got stuck in the dipstick tube. When I pulled on it to get it out a small chunk of plastic broke off in the tube and fell in the oil pan. Never became a problem, the screen probably kept it out of the system. But, I never used it for oil changes again on a car after that. Now for my mower or sucking power steering fluid, it's awesome. I'm just chicken to send the tube down into a cars dipstick again.