Disconnecting Fuel Hose From Fuel Tube

Overkitty

We are having problems disconnecting the fuel hose from the fuel tube on my 92' SC400. Here is a picture:

img1355uj6.jpg

We thought you just unscrew the left screw using one wrench to hold the right side while using another on the left but it will not budge. It's to the point where the edges of the bolt are starting to give. A next step would be to get a fuel line wrench, but not sure if that will help. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

That is what u have to do.. Are you using a line wrench!? U have to use a line wrench on those type or u will round of the edges and have problems later...

I would use a line wrench on the silver side and a pair of vice grips on the black side... MAke sur eu put the vise grips on the side wwhere a wrench should be and not on the round part...

Also, make sure the vice grips are facing the right way....

Rather than using one flare wrench and one vice grips, I would use two flare wrenches. You are correct in assuming how this comes apart, but it has been together for about sixteen years and is stubborn. In the end, if the wrenches slip, you may end up with two vice grips, but that would be the second resort. Good luck.

We are having problems disconnecting the fuel hose from the fuel tube on my 92' SC400. Here is a picture:

img1355uj6.jpg

We thought you just unscrew the left screw using one wrench to hold the right side while using another on the left but it will not budge. It's to the point where the edges of the bolt are starting to give. A next step would be to get a fuel line wrench, but not sure if that will help. Any suggestions?

Thanks!