About Lexus Is 250 Awd & Is 350 Rwd

Dear all the fans of Lexus, im pretty interesting on buying the Lexus IS of 2009 but i have a dilemma on it, which model is the best for me ? because im living in Canada Toronto so in winter time i think the AWD is more safety but i like the IS 350 RWD because it more faster then IS 250 i have been working so hard to buy my first car. so i want to get the right Lexus.. i hope anyone can give me some suggestions i will apreciate you very much.

Dear all the fans of Lexus, im pretty interesting on buying the Lexus IS of 2009 but i have a dilemma on it, which model is the best for me ? because im living in Canada Toronto so in winter time i think the AWD is more safety but i like the IS 350 RWD because it more faster then IS 250 i have been working so hard to buy my first car. so i want to get the right Lexus.. i hope anyone can give me some suggestions i will apreciate you very much.

IS350 with snow tires will probably do fine unless you need to get up a lot of hills. I have an IS250AWD, and I love it, but I don't think the AWD is going to help me stop any faster. I think snow tires (and not using all the HP of the 350 on slippery roads) will make more of a difference than AWD for safety.

Just keep in mind that snow tires are a hassle for new cars because of the TPMS sensors. The Lexus TPMS sensors cost about $110 each and you have to have a Lexus or Toyota dealer program the codes. A basic set of 4 wheels, snow tires and sensors will be at least in the US$1,400 range.

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Upstate NY and went with the AWD because I have to drive no matter what all year round for work. It has been terrific in the snow and I have been happy with the power it puts out otherwise. I figured if I know I'll be driving in the snow and I can't avoid it and I am shelling out $30k for a car it better stay on the road when I need it. Regardless of the VDIM on the 350, 4 is always better than 2. Your decision though, if its really snowing bad out and you can leave it at home then go for the power.

Also, I was contemplating doing the full set of snows and summers on wheels with TPMS. However, based on the cost I found it much better to just buy a set of Snow tires and swap them out each season. The dealer will charge around $70 to mount an balance. If you factor in $140 / year (summer and winter) minus the cost of snow tires (= $600-700) you could do this for 5 years before the break even cost of having two sets @ $1,400.

Plus the snow tires will only last about 4-5 seasons depending on mileage, so you will be buying and mounting and balancing again anyway.

The only reason I would buy two sets is if you wanted to upgrade from the factory wheels or you got a real good deal from someone selling them.

Best answer= just get a Subaru Legacy GT Spec B. It will be faster than the 350, have AWD, any you will have a much nicer car!!!

OK, I'm totally kidding, sort of...you should just take everyones advice for what it's worth and get what you want, but my advice is really the best ;)