Factory Car Alarm Goes Off After Every Drive

driftsupra980

i have a 2000 rx300, a few days ago my battery died. i jump started it the right way and drove it around for 30 minutes. i turned off my car and got out, i locked it and a few seconds later my car alarm goes off! then i had to press the unlock button to stop it. at first i wasnt too worried about it because i thought i pressed the panic button on accident on my key fob. the next day i drove it and got out of my car and locked it, and a few seconds later the car alarm goes off. it does it every time i take it on a drive. someone suggested that i unplug the battery and leave it unplugged for thirty minutes but that did not work. =[ when i would lock my car the security light stays still and then the alarm goes off... can anyone give me suggestions on what's happening!? :(

• 1 year later...

I have the exact same problem -- battery died and I jump started it. all OK except when I leave and lock the car, the alarm goes off a few seconds later. If I lock the car using the keyhole in the door, no problem.

I replaced the battery (it was weak anyway) -- no help.

Looked at several threads, no answers. Help!!

• 1 month later...