1998 Gs 300 Won't Start

I have a 98 GS 300. I started having problems with it starting a couple months ago. I changed the alternater and battery and it worked perfect for acouple of weeks. Then when I put the key in the ignition the steering wheel would come down and everything would come on but when I would try to start it everything went dead I could turn it back off and try again and sometimes it would start and sometimes everything would go dead again. Now It still goes dead when I try to turn it on but if it trys to start it will not turn over it just keeps trying to crank. If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it.

I have a 98 GS 300. I started having problems with it starting a couple months ago. I changed the alternater and battery and it worked perfect for acouple of weeks. Then when I put the key in the ignition the steering wheel would come down and everything would come on but when I would try to start it everything went dead I could turn it back off and try again and sometimes it would start and sometimes everything would go dead again. Now It still goes dead when I try to turn it on but if it trys to start it will not turn over it just keeps trying to crank. If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it.

You have a conflicting description, Turning over and cranking ? Does the starter engage and turn the motor (flywheel) without spark ? Or does the starter just click with no rotation ?

I had an issue before when i turn the keys the car won't start; but it cranks. The radio is working and lights as well; so i took my car in for service but all they did was change the battery. problem fixed!!! something about it requires "this amount" of voltage to start the car, anyway i got the basic idea when they tried to explain but the car is fixed...haha

The motor is turning over but with no spark but thats if it even lets me. When I put the key in the ignition and turn it to just turn on the lights and radio everything works but when I try to turn the key to start the car everthing dies no lights no radio nothing. I have tried turning off the air,radio and lights but sometimes it still wont do anything.