Check Engine Light After Cleaning Throttle Body

Removed and cleaned the throttle body on my 02 gs300 this weekend. Did not mess with the TPS or other sensors. Replaced the unit and took it for a test drive. Did notice the idle speed on initial start up went up to 1900 and came down to just under 1100 after warming up. Never noticed the car doing that before. Drove the car for about 20 minutes with no problems and no check engine light. While driving the car to work this morning, the check engine light came on after about 3 minutes of driving. Is there any connection to my cleaning the throttle body with the light or maybe just a coincidence? Thanks for any insight. <_<

When you clean the throttle body, a lot of carb cleaner goes down the intake, which is essentially fuel. So the computer will compensate for the "dumping" of fuel down the intake so it will not stall. Thus the 1900 rpm initially. It's possible that you may have accidentally unhooked or loosened a connector, vacuum line, etc. Or it is possible that an 02 sensor was damaged, but not likely unless it was about to go up. Go to advance auto parts or similar and borrow their code checking device to see what code you have.

Removed and cleaned the throttle body on my 02 gs300 this weekend. Did not mess with the TPS or other sensors. Replaced the unit and took it for a test drive. Did notice the idle speed on initial start up went up to 1900 and came down to just under 1100 after warming up. Never noticed the car doing that before. Drove the car for about 20 minutes with no problems and no check engine light. While driving the car to work this morning, the check engine light came on after about 3 minutes of driving. Is there any connection to my cleaning the throttle body with the light or maybe just a coincidence? Thanks for any insight. <_<

make sure you didn't knock and hoses loose... without the CEL code we know about as much as you at this point...

I removed the throttle body to clean it so I know there was no chemical in the intake or left over in the throttle body. All hoses and connections were made correctly. Went to the auto store and used their diagnostics machine. Was unable to find a code, probably because of my inability to use the equipment correctly. I was able to use the clear code function and the light went out. To this point it has not come back on. Not exactly sure what caused it to come on, but the car runs great. Thanks for the input.