2001 Lexus Es300 Problem, Need Help!

liang9

Hi everyone,

When I start my car in P, engine rev is at 0, there is battery icon, oil pressure icon, check engine icon, I can't depress the gas paddle. If I turn my key and depress gas paddle slightly, i can keep rev, as soon as I remove my foot, rev go to 0 and I can't depress gas again. And when I put in my key without turning the key, there is a noise under the hood. Can anyone tell me what is wrong? Thank you very much!

Liang

red circle is where noise come from when I insert my key without turning just insert.

blue circle is a kind loose cable connect to red circled part.

Can someone tell me what the red circled part is? and if the cable is suppose to be loose. My camera is out of battery now, can someone with the same car post their photo? I want to compare and see if there is any different.

Thanks alot!

post-68178-1225268001_thumb.jpg

post-68178-1225272289_thumb.jpg

red circle is where noise come from when I insert my key without turning just insert.

blue circle is a kind loose cable connect to red circled part.

Can someone tell me what the red circled part is? and if the cable is suppose to be loose. My camera is out of battery now, can someone with the same car post their photo? I want to compare and see if there is any different.

Thanks alot!

the red circle indicate your crusie control and throttle position cable. The blue circle is where the throttle position cable connects. If this cable is broken or not adjusted it may exhibit the symptoms that you describe. Adjustment manual indicates the cable should be adjusted so that there is some slack with very little movement.

Take black plastic cover off of red circle and check adjustment of blue circle. At blue circle there should be two adjustment nuts. each of the nuts will be on either side of the bracket and on cable. Loosen the one closest to the drivers side of the vehicle(your right facing engine). Turn the nut closest to the passenger side (The left facing engine) of the vehicle until all the slack is out of the cable then tighten the nut on the drivers side of the bracket. After you complete this, disconnect your battery cable for 15minutes to clear out all codes, reconnect and test drive.