Questions About 2006 Is250

Hi there, first time to the forums. I am thinking of buying an IS250

I was wondering what are some standard features to the IS250 on the 2006 model? The car i am looking at, has the navigation/rear view camera. I don't know if that is a type of package for Lexus or if it's just a option item. Which is why i was wondering what are the standard features on the IS250? Also is push/start and the "smart" keyless entry (where you just put your hand on the handle and it unlocks) is part of the standard feature?

Hi there, first time to the forums. I am thinking of buying an IS250

I was wondering what are some standard features to the IS250 on the 2006 model? The car i am looking at, has the navigation/rear view camera. I don't know if that is a type of package for Lexus or if it's just a option item. Which is why i was wondering what are the standard features on the IS250? Also is push/start and the "smart" keyless entry (where you just put your hand on the handle and it unlocks) is part of the standard feature?

Dude, get the car. It's the best investment I made. I didn't get the nav. I saw no need for it. I've had the car since '06 and I have not taken it out of New York. I'm not a big fan of road trips.

Thanks for the help guys. I am still thinking on it.. cause this will be my first car that is manual, tho i have driven a manual on my friends car. And it is getting harder and harder to find a manual car with what you want in it. I am afraid if i buy a junk car to beat down, i wont get another chance at finding a good used vehicle. Tho i am currently deciding, searching and waiting for the car loan check to come in, and then if i can find a different car or not.

The navigation for me is one of those options where you might not use it, but it is there when you need it. I do go snowboarding, but the question is whether i take the IS250 with me or not, but that will be an issue when and if i get the car.

The navigation for me is one of those options where you might not use it, but it is there when you need it. I do go snowboarding, but the question is whether i take the IS250 with me or not, but that will be an issue when and if i get the car.

I wouldn't take my IS to snowboarding, but that's just me.

I wouldn't take my IS to snowboarding, but that's just me.

DITTO my friend.

Regarding the nav - you'd be better off getting a Garmin if your life doesn't revolve around a navigation system. Garmin has several models to fit your lifestyle and needs as well as some being portable. For instance, a NUVI would tell you how far you snowboarded, top speed, length of time moving, length of time stopped, etc. for a fraction of the price of the car system. Then it can find the local McDonald's for you as well.

The Lexus nav system has problems and is expensive to update. Do a search of this site to get some feedback.

yea i probably wont take it with me to snowboard cause its RWD.. I just drift off the mountain. But i think i found the car.

2006 IS250 (6 Speed Manual)

~23400 miles

options:

Voice-activated DVD Navigation System with backup camera and Bluetooth®technology

Mark Levinson Audio Package (i think it has that cause i saw the logo)

Intuitive Parking Assist (saw the stuff cycling through the options of the car but try it.)

No AFS Xenons, Memory seats, auto tilting mirrors, no adaptive cruise control. Nothing major, i can always get aftermarket HIDs for it. Dont really need AFS as the fog lights would be lighting up those sides :P I am kinda sketchy about the deal, under 22k before taxes.... But i'll go back and drive it some more.

I just got a 07 is250 awd, and I love it! It'll be the best "investment" you'll make on a car.. ;)

These days, my car is holding it's value better than my investments!

Yea, I hear ya man! All my investments are tanking! At least we have our pride and joy IS250"S

Regarding the nav - you'd be better off getting a Garmin if your life doesn't revolve around a navigation system. Garmin has several models to fit your lifestyle and needs as well as some being portable. For instance, a NUVI would tell you how far you snowboarded, top speed, length of time moving, length of time stopped, etc. for a fraction of the price of the car system. Then it can find the local McDonald's for you as well.

The Lexus nav system has problems and is expensive to update. Do a search of this site to get some feedback.

What problems does the GPS system have? I've had mine since 5/06 and it works awesome...the screen is huge compared to pretty much every other system available. The functions are great and it's built in, so you don't have to worry about theft. These are only a few of the advantages.

What do you need to update anyways...are the roads changing so much year to year that you need to update? I know that even up here in Boston where they've been throwing new roads all over the place downtown, I still don't have a problem getting around, even with "old" maps.