Vsc Problem

BEARCATJER

I own a 2002 rx 300 which we have had since it had 9000 miles on it. It has always worked perfectly and now has 109,000 on it. It is primarily my wife's car and today when she was out in it the VSC and check engine light came on. I looked it up in the manual and under both it said to take the car to a lexus dealer. I live 85miles from the closest dealer so I dont want to do that if I can avoid it.

I dont have a local mechanic who has the computer equip to diagnose this kind of problem so i may have no choice.Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this and whether or not it is serious? I had the 90000 mile service done on this car and it runs like a top, but this has to be tended to for sure.

I may see if the toyota dealer 30 miles from where i live will/can work on it.

thanks for your help. :cries: :cheers:

Had the exact same thing happen to our 2002 RX 300. It turned out to be a faulty gas cap ($7 fix) and the hose under the air filter box had come off.

Do a search on this forum, or Google for that matter, and you will find several threads on this problem and how to fix it. I would do a little research and try to fix it yourself before taking it to the Lexus dealer. They will tell you that it is the O2 sensors and want to change them out...in excess of $300. Could actually be but I would do some internet research first.

If you have an Advance Auto near you they will read and clear the codes for free.

Good luck

I had the same thing happen ofter an oil and air filter change. Go to Auto Zone ond get the codes, then come back here and put the codes in for a search. I was told that I needed over $1200.00 of repairs and it turned out to be the hose coming off of the air filter which I fixed myself. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

This is the best site and everyone is here to help...

Had the exact same thing happen to our 2002 RX 300. It turned out to be a faulty gas cap ($7 fix) and the hose under the air filter box had come off.

Do a search on this forum, or Google for that matter, and you will find several threads on this problem and how to fix it. I would do a little research and try to fix it yourself before taking it to the Lexus dealer. They will tell you that it is the O2 sensors and want to change them out...in excess of $300. Could actually be but I would do some internet research first.

If you have an Advance Auto near you they will read and clear the codes for free.

Good luck

thank you! i do have an advance auto in town where i live. will try that first.

I own a 2002 rx 300 which we have had since it had 9000 miles on it. It has always worked perfectly and now has 109,000 on it. It is primarily my wife's car and today when she was out in it the VSC and check engine light came on. I looked it up in the manual and under both it said to take the car to a lexus dealer. I live 85miles from the closest dealer so I dont want to do that if I can avoid it.

I dont have a local mechanic who has the computer equip to diagnose this kind of problem so i may have no choice.Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this and whether or not it is serious? I had the 90000 mile service done on this car and it runs like a top, but this has to be tended to for sure.

thanks for your help.:cries: :cheers:

If your engine working properly ..... remove battery wire for five minutes after that I think every thing will be good

thanks for your help.:cries::cheers:

If your engine working properly ..... remove battery wire for five minutes after that I think every thing will be good

Thanks to all for your replies. I will try the things you suggest and go from there.

:cheers: