Winter Tire Size - Help

Hello all

Right now i got 235/45/17 (option 2) all season tires. Impossible to drive on those during winter. I bought the car when i was working full time but i had to go back to school so I'm very tight on budget. Any kind of tires will cost me $1000CAD. Even if i get a better price from states, installation, taxes, alignment is going jack the price up to $1000. My question is, what kind of wheels can i fit on this car? Is it possible to get those black aluminum wheels with tires? I was also thinking about used wheels+tires from other cars but i am not sure which bolt patterns are the same and which sized will fit

Any kind of input will be appriciated

Thanks!

Maybe you can find used GS wheels and even used snow tires on http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/ I sometimes see decent Lexus GS wheels on the Craigslist for my area at bargain prices. If you decide on a style and size, you don't necessarily have to find a complete set. You could buy them one or two at a time. There are advantages in using OEM wheels -- like you can find a replacement if you ever ruin one -- can be difficult with aftermarket wheels.

You could buy the 16" wheels that were standard. P225/55R16 winter tires are probably less expensive and would provide more cushion in the winter than 17" tires.

I've never used CraigsList but it sure has been interesting watching a friend use it to furnish his big new house at bargain prices.

Well you would need the rims too, but other then that, not too bad, although they may be a bit small.

I'm also looking for winter tires for my GS430, with the 17's I have a good contact for tires, just waiting for them to get back to me, I will let you know what they quote me and perhaps I can grab a set for you as well.