06 Ls Oil Change

DWNC

How easy is it to get to the oil filter on a 2006 LS430? Is it the normal spin on filter or is it a filter enclosed in a housing like the 07 RX350 has? Is there a belly pan to remove?

Thanks,

DW

As far as I know, the oil filter on all Toyota and Lexus V8 engines is in the same place -- on the driver's side towards the bottom of the engine. All Toyota/Lexus V8 engines use the same spin-on filter -- at least through 2006 -- not sure about the LS460.

Take off the plastic belly pan and look up using a flashlight. The filter is easy to remove using a filter wrench.

I just now calculated that I have changed the oil and filter 48 times (every 5000 miles) over the last 18+ years on Lexus V8 cars. It's easy to do and I can do it in less time than it would take to have someone else do it. But the main reason I do it myself is to avoid the potential of a low skilled worker damaging my car.

I buy the V8 oil filters by the 10-pack at a Toyota dealer. The last couple of ten packs have cost less than $40 each including 10 oil plug gaskets.