2008 Es350 Nav Problem

njsges

I recently purchased an ES350 and love the car except the navigation system lockouts while driving. I have tried several hybrid discs on different brand discs, but have not been able to get them to work. I have tried disconnecting the battery to reset the nav, but this does not work. I tried to find the fuse, but it is not listed in the manual. Is it possible that by removing the fuse, it may reset itself to 5.1? If so, where and which fuse is it? I am open to any suggestions. Thanks to anyone who is willing to help.

NJ

I recently purchased an ES350 and love the car except the navigation system lockouts while driving. I have tried several hybrid discs on different brand discs, but have not been able to get them to work. I have tried disconnecting the battery to reset the nav, but this does not work. I tried to find the fuse, but it is not listed in the manual. Is it possible that by removing the fuse, it may reset itself to 5.1? If so, where and which fuse is it? I am open to any suggestions. Thanks to anyone who is willing to help.

NJ

This topic has been covered sufficiently throughout the forum. I suggest you do a search for the corresponding thread.

As for the fuse removal, I believe it was the disconnection of the navigation and the speed gauge interlink. No doubt this will void some level of your warranty and they say that the navigation may be less accurate due to no current speed reading being fed into the navigation to aid in plotting where you are.

The voice activated 'Address' and various POI quick commands provide sufficient on the move destination input. Anything more complicated would surely take too much of your attention off the road IMO.

And as for the '5.1' item you're looking for, you need to purchase the legacy 5.1 Gen 5 Navigation DVD and replace the 6.1/7.1/8.1 you have in your vehicle currently. If you are going to do that, DIBS on your 7.1/8.1 disc!

Good luck~

I would be willing to swap if you have the legacy 5.1 Gen 5 Navigation DVD. If not, any suggestions on where to look for it?

I am looking for the fuse that controls the Nav system. I do not want to disconnect anything to void the warranty.

You cannot just put a lesser DVD generation in the drive. Once the system runs on one DVD, it cannot be "downgraded" to a lesser generation.

Anyways, even if it could there is no version 5.1 for your system, its an upgraded system that only came with version 6.1 from its debut in 2007.

Pulling a fuse will not help.

I've had the system for 5.5 years...with the nav function lockouts when moving...you get used to them. You get used to just entering destinations before you leave...its not worth destroying your car trying to figure out how to defeat them.