Dont Know What Happened! Lol Help!

OaksLexus

I have a 1999 Lexus ES300 that I have been trying to sell. Anyway the car has been sitting for a while and I drive it every once in a while. Recently the battery has not been able to hold charge very long. Yesterday at lunch break I drove the car for about 45 minutes to get the charge back up, and parked it like usual. So I left work tonight planning to drive the Lexus home and wash it, but when I got in the car, and turned the key, the car just made a clicking noise, and all the dash lights came on, and the speedo moved up and down. But the car would never turn over. Just click click click click.... Any ideas what happened from yesterday to today?

The typical culprits have resurfaced, if you have a clicking sound but the starter won't turn over. Usually the battery cables have corroded and needs to be cleaned up. Next in line would be a battery that has sulfated up to the point that it won't hold a charge anymore, read old age, or one that hasn't been properly maintained. Then again, it might be that your battery has developed a short and needs replacing. After that comes a charging system that isn't up to par, or a loose alternator belt. Or, it could be that your starter has gone south. It doesn't sound too serious, but you'll have to get a car tech to track down just what decided to not cooperate. Good Luck!