Panoramic Moonroof Closing Operation

nyuhsuk

It has bothered me for the last year but I haven't gotten around to asking or looking...

Does anyone know why the panoramic moonroof doesn't have a auto-close feature and why it pauses at the halfway point of closing? Not only is it sort of annoying that I have to hold the button for closing the moonroof but to wait for it to pause/let go/re-depress the button to finish is really tiresome no a daily basis...

Any fix on this? Or is my roof not functioning properly?

Thanks~

It has bothered me for the last year but I haven't gotten around to asking or looking...

Does anyone know why the panoramic moonroof doesn't have a auto-close feature and why it pauses at the halfway point of closing? Not only is it sort of annoying that I have to hold the button for closing the moonroof but to wait for it to pause/let go/re-depress the button to finish is really tiresome no a daily basis...

Any fix on this? Or is my roof not functioning properly?

Thanks~

Hey nyuhsuk, thanks for the question. I have had my ES for a year now and just noticed this today....I thought I had let up on the button inadvertently...and now I see that it is a safety feature. Wow, the stuff you learn on here. You may want to post this on the Lessons Learned post by rtj65. For example, I was cleaning the inside of my car and inadvertently pushed a button under the right side just under the steering wheel. This turned off the "cornering" headlight feature (and it was not in the manual). So thanks for the info!!!!

I don't understand how this is a safety feature to tell you the truth. I had accidentally left my EZPass tranceiver in the bars of the moonroof where it closes (yeah... don't want to stick it on the windshield and too lazy to keep holding it up for a DC-NYC trip). When I attempted to close the roof without taking the transceiver out, it reacts just like the side windows where it squeezes for a mere split second and then re-opens. If that is the case, I wonder why they need to have the roof stop altogether during close and require a re-depression of the close button.

Is this thing listed as a 'safety feature'? Sounds like an unnecessary layer of safety that is already sufficiently covered and causes some mild inconvenience. So no adjustment possible? Shucks...

I just got the repair manual for the 07-08 ES350 so I guess I'll take a look through that massive pile of PDFs to see if there is a fix...

Thanks!