Will These Rims Fit My Rx 400h

It is very common in Canada to have 2 sets of tires, the original tire+rims and a set of snow tires+rims.

For the snow tires, i have found a used set of 07 Toyota RAV4 sport 18 inch rims for a fraction of the price of the 18" Lexus factory rims.

The specs for the RX400h rims are: 18x8, 35mm offset, 5x114.3 bolt, 235/55/18 tire (are these correct?)

The specs for the RAV4 rims are: 18x7.5, 45mm offset, 5x114.3 bolt, 235/55/18 tire (are these correct?)

I plan to mount 235/55/18 snow tires on the RAV4 rims.

Does anyone know if 235/55/18 tire on the RAV4 rims will fit my RX400h?

Thanks

I don't think those will work. Your gonna have to check to make sure the brake calipers clear the insides. You've lost an inch of width and about 3/8 of an inch on the offset. I would take the exsisting wheel off the RX and just put one rim on and give it a hand spin to make sure it clears the calipers. If it does, then you should be fine. You won't have any rubbing issues on the tire well as you haven't really changed the size of the tire other than being an inch thinner. The tire size you have, if it's the same then it's the same and will fit on either rim. But remember that the wall of the tire is going to be tucked in more, which will make the sidewall more spongy feeling. You might want to go to a 225 or 215 to maintain the same ride feel. And if these are for snow tires, then you actually want a thinner contact patch. If you go to tirerack.com and just enter the inforamtion there, they can tell you the size and aspect ratio that will maintain the same diameter tire for you.

thanks smooth1 for your comments

I just found out that the rim width is 7.5 instead of 7 as I had indicated yesterday (i have editted this on the original post)

would the rim fit with the change?

thx

What we did for our winter tires was to go down to the local big O and buy matching sized ugly steel to mount our studs on. They'll gladly tell you what'll match your existing offset & height.