Latest Nav Disc-is It Worth Upgrading

Hi all,

I was just in Boston and was disappointed in how dated my Ver. 5.1 nav database is. The "Big Dig" roadways were missing which left me trying to find my way to the I-93 on-ramp without navigation. Does anyone w/a later disc, especially Boston users, know if later versions have significant changes to New England? I'd even be happy with a synopsis from the manufacturer as to what areas were improved in each version update. I just don't want to purchase a new disc and not get any more functionality. I've held onto my 5.1 disc so I could preserve the "override" capability via the MX screen but that capability is of no use if you can't navigate out of a city. Also, has anyone tried burning a nav disc w/the latest database but retaining the 5.1 file so the override capability still exists? I believe someone posted instructions on how to do that several months ago.

Thanks!!

Send me a private message with your email address and I can email you a pdf file showing you the updates contained in the newer discs since your 5.1 release.

The updates done specifically to Boston include:

- The city of Boston was driven and updated to improve geometry and attributes

- HOV lane coding was introduced in Boston

- Extended Lane coding has been applied in Boston

- Field verified and added a new HOV lane from Kneeland St to I-93 South

- Field verified and added a ramp from I-93 to South Station/Chinatown

- Field verified and added a new ramp from I-93 to Sudbury St

Unfortunately in your generation 4 navigation system, a 7.1/5.1 disc does not work due to a file structure change.