60,000 Mile Service

RX300LS

Went to the Toyota dealer today to ask about 60,000 mile service for my 2001 LS430. He gave a price of $549.00. This included engine and cabin filters, oil and filter change, rotate tires, 4-wheel alignment, wiper blades, flush brake fluid, injector cleaner, and 127 point inspection. I like the ideal of the inspection as the car will be out of Lexus 100,000 mile 8 year warranty on Oct. 31, 2008.

He said a trans flush would run $159.00.

I then asked about a timing belt replacement as it is beyond the 7 years limit but not the mileage. He said he would replace it. Cost $349.00. He also said he would replace the water pump if it was him. He said if the water pump goes later it would cost close to $500.00. Cost to do it with timing belt would be $315.00. He also said he would do the drive belts at the same time as they would have to be removed to do the timing belt. He said he would replace them for just cost of the belts no labor, $50.00.

He did say he would work on the price as I take both my RX300 and LS430 to them. How much I don't know at this time. I asked if I was to replace the air filters myself would that save me any, he said he would take the price of the filters off the 60,000 mile service charge. Price for everything a little over $1400.00.

What do you think? Thanks.

$1400 is right in the ball park for what is essentially the 90K service with timing belt and water pump replacements. I think I paid about $100 less in summer 2007 for a 90K service with timing belt/water pump replacement on my 00 LS400 at an indie shop but I didn't get a loaner car, or wait in a sumptuous coffee/pastry laden customer waiting room like the typical Lexus dealer has.