Fuel Filter/lines

sc4sooner

i was replacing my fuel filter and had a lil trouble with the line that runs to the front of the car, i stripped the bolt connecting to the filter.

does anyone know if the bolt can be replaced, or if i have to replace the whole line, and if so how hard is it to replace that front line?

i was replacing my fuel filter and had a lil trouble with the line that runs to the front of the car, i stripped the bolt connecting to the filter.

does anyone know if the bolt can be replaced, or if i have to replace the whole line, and if so how hard is it to replace that front line?

Depending on how badly it's stripped and how much room you have to work under there, you may be able to re-thread the fitting. The trick would be to find out what the correct diameter and thread pitch is (dealer inquiry unless you can use a pitch gauge to determine this) so you can buy the correct die. It is probably a metric size, but they can be bought from well stocked hardware stores, or online. You wouldn't remove the fitting from the line, but would thread the fitting into the die instead of the filter. Sometimes referred to as "running a "chaser" over the threads, the purpose is to cut out (or chase out) the debris caused from cross-threading. Otherwise, a used fuel line out of a salvage yard or off eBay would be in order.

thanks for the advice, i ended up putting the old filter back on since it wasnt bad at all, and it went on pretty easy, i had to use vice grips on the striped bolt but it worked and does not leak. i must have been given the wrong fuel filter since it just would not fit correctly.

thanks for the advice, i ended up putting the old filter back on since it wasnt bad at all, and it went on pretty easy, i had to use vice grips on the striped bolt but it worked and does not leak. i must have been given the wrong fuel filter since it just would not fit correctly.

No, it was most probably right, it is a serious SERIOUS pain in the.....yeah.... to get the aftermarket fuel filters to fit. its like they are 1/32" shorter than OEM and it took me about 30 min with gas dripping down my arm to get that nut to seat. It really wouldnt make since that you stripped the nut on the fuel line since it is a much harder steel than the very mild recycled steel used to make the cases on those fuel filters.