Good Price Or No

Greatness

OK IM THINKING ABOUT BUYING A 96 SC300 WITH 160K ON IT EVERYTHING IS CLEAN INTERIOR IS OK EVERYTHING IS GOOD BESIDES THE SEATS HAS A CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON BUT THE KID SAYS IF U PULL THE BATTERY OFF AND PUT IT BACK IT GOES AWAY SAID SOMETHING ABOUT SOMETHING BEING LOOSE... COULDNT REALLY PAY ATTENTION TO HIM WAS ADMIRING THE CAR WELL ANYWAYS HE IS ASKIN 3500 IS THAT A GOOD PRICE FOR IT

well it definitely depends on other things besides miles...it depends on how the overall body looks, rust/ rot under the trunk rug! it depends on how the motor functions, the CEL obviously means there is a problem with something and just disconnecting the battery isnt going to get rid of the problem so before you buy it i would definitely find out what the CEL is for. otherwise i would give it a go!

I don't see a really good reason why you shouldn't get the car. You could pull the code and search the forum for what error code it represents. Tehre are a number sources and links that will describe the error codes. Resetting the codes by the battery is a temporary fix. Some of us get the car through state inspection that way.

I have a 96SC300, black on black with 134,000. Very good condition, no warning lights. For the condition it is in I can ask $6,600. But you won't have to worry about somthing going wrong. I bought it with 10K miles and have taken care of it. There are some out there in good condition.

since u dont drive it any more u should sell it for me and i decided not to get it.. but i know every1 at the dealership personally my sister works there so their sales manager is gonna go get me one from one of their private auctions on friday so i think it will work out better that way

• 2 weeks later...
since u dont drive it any more u should sell it for me and i decided not to get it.. but i know every1 at the dealership personally my sister works there so their sales manager is gonna go get me one from one of their private auctions on friday so i think it will work out better that way

DID THE DEALERSHIP FIND YOU A GOOD 96 SC300? IF SO HOW MUCH WAS IT?