Took The "plunge"...

ArmyofOne

Well, for the last 9 months i have been trying to get T-mobile to cancel my contract under the military clause, as I moved from one place to another under military orders and as a result have no service at my place of residence (one place was only a mile from the other, so they didnt understand, thats part of what took so long) and waive my early termination fee ($400...$200 per line) well finally today i got on the phone with a representative who was prior military. after getting the runaround for 9 months solid and dodging sales pitch after sales pitch about WiFi phones and Tmobile land lines, he told me that i needed to bring to a retailer or fax one of the following:

-a current UTILITY bill (Cable doesnt count) with address matching address in question.

-or a drivers liscense with the same.

Well 2 problems. 1. Im in the military and DO NOT pay utilities...hell i dont even pay rent. Military has subsidized housing for its soldiers. 2. My liscense is a Texas one...and i definately do not reside there currently...

So on an act of good faith he put me through to the Regional Account manager for the Northeast region (After i threatened to sick the United States Army Judge Advocate Group or JAG on them) and he explained the situation.

Wouldn't you know it took them 30 seconds for them to put a 48 hr Freeze-to-cancel on my account? it means i have a 48 hr period to switch my service and keep my mobile number. I switched immediately after hanging up the phone with Tmobile.

To get on with VZW, all in all it cost me $320 for phones and my first bill will be an Astronomical $200...after than it should drop to $120ish.

anyways, i just wanted to say unless you live in a large city or in the south...dont go with tmobile. Verizon Rocks so far!

My wife has had her SunCom phone for years now and it's been a great service for about $36 a month (with her corporate discount), unlimited calling to her 10 chosen mobile-to-mobile numbers. She talks for many, many hours each month with her parents in Florida and her selected friends all over the country and the bill is never more than $36. Been that way for years. Unbelievable.

But now SunCom has just been purchased by T-Mobile. Her calls have suddenly started dropping out, she can't get signals in areas where she was always fine in the past, and T-Mobile wants to jack her plan up to about $50 a month and keep the lousy service just as it is. She essentially told them yesterday to go hose themselves, they realized that they would have to let her out of her contract due to the severe service degradation since T-Mobile took over last week, and she's out talking with her Verizon rep as I type these words. I won't be surprised if she comes home with a new Verizon contract. Our home phone and DSL account are both through Verizon, so hopefully she'll get a great package offer to switch. We'll see....

As for me, I hate cell phones and haven't carried one since I got out of the corporate world back in November 2002. Hope I never have to carry one again. I see them strictly as "electronic leashes". No thanks....