Exhuast Noise/leak Possible Manifold Gasket?

LdyLex

loud exhuast noise/leak. Seems to be coming from the exhuast manifold. Help please!

99' rx300

The original exhaust had a design problem which caused the exhaust manifold to crack. Our's was replaced under warranty with a new design which incorporates an expansion joint. If you have not had the new design installed, I would check that first.

Another weak point is the flew coupling just below the engine. They crack and leak, Any muffler shop can replace it with a universal flex coupling for around $110.....

Another weak point is the flew coupling just below the engine. They crack and leak, Any muffler shop can replace it with a universal flex coupling for around $110.....

That might be the same thing I am talking about...I don't remember the details.

If it is dont go to MIDAS, find an independent muffler shop, they will give you the best deal for that flex coupling...The replacement one can be a mesh covered coupling like Honda uses...mine has been holding up well since replacement.

If it is dont go to MIDAS, find an independent muffler shop, they will give you the best deal for that flex coupling...The replacement one can be a mesh covered coupling like Honda uses...mine has been holding up well since replacement.

hey, thanks for the info. I'll check that out.