Tanabe Df210 Springs On Factory Struts?

Daniel N (Denmark)

I did the same thing on my old 91, Tanabe DF210's on stock struts.

Yes they will blow, mine did, but surprisingly the ride wasn't bad at all. It was still very very smooth.

Here's a photo if it helps what you're looking for. Wheels were 20"x8.5" +40 offset, 6.3 backspace TSW Mondello's. Tires were Toyo Proxes 4 225/35-20s

DSCF0216.jpg

I did the same thing on my old 91, Tanabe DF210's on stock struts.

Yes they will blow, mine did, but surprisingly the ride wasn't bad at all. It was still very very smooth.

Here's a photo if it helps what you're looking for. Wheels were 20"x8.5" +40 offset, 6.3 backspace TSW Mondello's. Tires were Toyo Proxes 4 225/35-20s

DSCF0216.jpg

Do you mean the ride wasn't bad at all, after they struts blew? I'm just not sure if I want to risk it. Wouldn't the tire ride ON the fender if the strut blows, and damage the tire?

The ride was still very smooth AFTER my struts were blown.

Of course not as smooth as good struts on 15" tires. But it never rubbed. Not ONCE. I could turn from lock to lock all the way 100%

Now if I took a corner with the wheel significantly turned, it would rub since the compression of the suspension would cause the top of the tire to hit the fender.

• 8 months later...
The ride was still very smooth AFTER my struts were blown.

Of course not as smooth as good struts on 15" tires. But it never rubbed. Not ONCE. I could turn from lock to lock all the way 100%

Now if I took a corner with the wheel significantly turned, it would rub since the compression of the suspension would cause the top of the tire to hit the fender.

did you replace the shocks? still have the springs? im thinking of ordering some for mine