Squeaky Bushings

Banshee365

Just installed lots of front end parts including new OEM UCA's, OEM strut rod bushings, and ADUS LCA bushings. The is a VERY loud and unbearable squeaking noise. I read all about this before I installed the bushings and was very generous with white lithium great, which I hope is okay to use. The thing is, no matter how much you grease the inside of the arm and bushing it all squeegies out when you press it in. I'm wandering if the squeaking is coming from the rear flat part of the bushing against the mount. It's very loud and you can actually FEEL is squeaking, it has to be the LCA bushings. Should I just be able to drop the LCA and grease up the front and read ends along with the mount and reinstall to fix it?

Anyone tried tapping a zerk fitting in the rear mounting location to grease the area each oil change or something? Thanks!

-Kelly

Just installed lots of front end parts including new OEM UCA's, OEM strut rod bushings, and ADUS LCA bushings. The is a VERY loud and unbearable squeaking noise. I read all about this before I installed the bushings and was very generous with white lithium great, which I hope is okay to use. The thing is, no matter how much you grease the inside of the arm and bushing it all squeegies out when you press it in. I'm wandering if the squeaking is coming from the rear flat part of the bushing against the mount. It's very loud and you can actually FEEL is squeaking, it has to be the LCA bushings. Should I just be able to drop the LCA and grease up the front and read ends along with the mount and reinstall to fix it?

Anyone tried tapping a zerk fitting in the rear mounting location to grease the area each oil change or something? Thanks!

-Kelly

If there is no space for grease what will a fitting do? Are you going to grind a channel or void? You did say all the grease lith grease comes out when you install the bush right?

I havn't checked if there is room or not to put a fitting. The grease that would end up between the bushing and LCA itself did mostly squeegie off when the bushing was pressed in. I guess I'll take it all apart again and grease the heck out of the front and rear faces of the bushings that rub against the mounts and see if that takes it out. I'm wandering if I should try the sli-glide grease or whatever from NAPA instead of the white lithium?

They squeek, that's one of the drawbacks of them. But are you greasing the pins too? I see where you're trying to grease the outter bushing/inner holder of the arm, but what about the inside hole of the bushing and the pins"bolts" that hold the arm onto the bushing. That's one big area for lots of the noises they make.

They squeek, that's one of the drawbacks of them. But are you greasing the pins too? I see where you're trying to grease the outter bushing/inner holder of the arm, but what about the inside hole of the bushing and the pins"bolts" that hold the arm onto the bushing. That's one big area for lots of the noises they make.

I'm going to drop one side and lube it and see what differance it makes before spending the time on the other side as well. Should I try to remove the composite tube inside of the bushing and grease it up too? I'll grease the heck out of everything I can at this point, any tips on what grease to use, should lithium be fine?

Also, do yall think I can drop the LCA down without removing the balljoints, tierods, strut rods, etc... Would be nice to be able to pull it down enough to lube it without taking the whole front end apart again. Thanks!

-Kelly

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I greased the bushings with white lithium grease from autozone. Did the trick and were quiet as a mouse. For 2 weeks.... Now they're squeaking again like crazy. The car drove in a couple rain showers and now they're squeaking again. I'm guessing that white lithium grease is no good. I need to find some super sticky grease that won't wash off so easy. I would have replaced the bushings with OEM but they won't sell the bushings without the control arm on that one, unlike the strut rods. Any suggestions?

BTW I was able to pull the LCA's out of the sub-frame without removing the tire, was a piece of cake. But still a PITA. Thanks guys!

-Kelly

Just a thought here.

Try calling a 'yoda dealer and ask for an exploded view of the lca bushing and mount and see if they are the same or 'close enough' for the Avalon and LS. If they are ask if they will sell just the bushing and mount. I'm wondering if the mount has become hard and brittle and is causing the issue...