Unichip Piggyback Computer

wanis

I have a 2001 IS300. With no other mods, I got peak gains of about 19 hp.

The Unichip is a piggyback computer that can be reconfigured on a Dyno again and again with each modification,- which is the best way to maximize gains. When you install an intake or exhaust, or especially if you have a turbo or supercharger, your car still runs on the same computer settings as a stock vehicle. Not good. To maximize the modifications and help them work together for the most power, you need to tune the settings (air/fuel ratio, timing etc.) throughout the range of the vehicle. The unichip has something like 53,000 data points to effectively manage the "harmony" of your system. Where an intake on a stock vehicle may give you 13hp, the same intake mapped with a Unichip may give you 20. An intake gives you more air in the engine so you need to re-adjust the fuel as well. Forced induction will give major gains because there is a lot of new air in the engine. An engine managment sytem is a must if you ask me.

The guy who has the distibutorship for the US told me if anyone wanted to do a group buy, he would knock 10% off of the unit. The unit is $750 with the plug and play harness. Please post if you are interested.

Please do not continue this group buy as neither of you are authorised to set one up.

The unichip is very good but unless tehy advertise on the loc there are no group buys.

Let me know if you are interested in being one to have a GB.